About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, November 12, 2018

News, Views Etc . . . Bits and Bobs!

Not hard to Believe
So, Remembrance-/Veterans-/Armistice day yesterday and TJF's post reveals he has no conscience, no decency, no class, no taste and no brain! They were all in 'Nam together you know . . . Birmi'Nam; Alabama!

Something like this might have been a better use of his time;

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/17213792.photos-of-toy-solders-at-war-memorial-for-armistice-centenary/#gallery6

Customer Announcement
From Barney at Herald Toys & Models comes . . .

"Dear Collector, this week we are delighted to offer you not one but three superb boxed Britains English Civil War mounted figures (2 Roundhead Officers and 1 Cavalier Officer) from the same private collection. Like London buses, you don't see one for ages then three come along at once! Rare opportunity to obtain a boxed example of these highly desirable figures! Happy collecting as always, Barney."

A Bit Wooden

Now, I'm not saying this is pretty cool, but fuck . . . this is pretty cool - if a little 'folksy'!

https://folksy.com/items/7199467-Wooden-Toy-Soldier-Christmas-Bunting-Christmas-Garland

Bloody Useful
I was impressed enough to consider a link before I'd scrolled to where a 'phone got involved! If I ever have the room for a nice set-up like this - it's a definite!

http://alystoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2018/11/talking-about-taking-pictures.html

 It's an Old Trope . . .
. . . but they're always fun!

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2018/11/02/this-toy-soldier-family-from-manhattan-beach-took-halloween-by-storm/

No comments: