About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

P is for Poundland's Poured-Polyurethane Polymer Pals

How cool are these? Too cool for 'machine-learning' school, that's for sure! These are also a pound-each (see previous post) and I grabbed all three different ones when I saw them because . . . Paperchase have had proper blown-glass ones (set of three 'boxy' robots) for the last few years and I kept picking them up, checking the price and putting them down again! This year - determined to bite the bullet and purchase them - they don't have them!

1950's Pulp; Christmas Bauble; Christmas Decoration; Christmas Figures; Made in China; MC Imports; PO Box 7202; Polyeurethane Resin Robots; Poundland; Poundland Robots; Pulp Sci Fi Figurines; Robot Tree Decoration; Robot Tree Hanger; Robots; Sci Fi Figurines; Sci Fi Toys; Science Fiction Figures; Science Fiction Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tree Decoration; Tree Hanger; UK; Wilenhall; WV1 9QI;
But these are very similar and have clearly been based on them, picking up on a trend as cheapie/knock-off rack-toys always have. But as poured PE-resin they are really too heavy for real trees and will even slowly bend the branches of an artificial tree, especially if you have it in the warm or near a fire for the duration of Christmas. But as leery robots they are the biz!

1950's Pulp; Christmas Bauble; Christmas Decoration; Christmas Figures; Made in China; MC Imports; PO Box 7202; Polyeurethane Resin Robots; Poundland; Poundland Robots; Pulp Sci Fi Figurines; Robot Tree Decoration; Robot Tree Hanger; Robots; Sci Fi Figurines; Sci Fi Toys; Science Fiction Figures; Science Fiction Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tree Decoration; Tree Hanger; UK; Wilenhall; WV1 9QI;
Poundland; via 'MC' right now . . . for a pound! I'm not so keen on the 'crimbo ornamentation', especially on the green one, but at a pound I can't really complain, and it's three new robots into the collection! Often with something like this I would remove the hanger-eye, but as they are robots I think it looks like the old revolving radar thing on 50's 'Pulp' robots, so it can stay.

1950's Pulp; Christmas Bauble; Christmas Decoration; Christmas Figures; Made in China; MC Imports; PO Box 7202; Polyeurethane Resin Robots; Poundland; Poundland Robots; Pulp Sci Fi Figurines; Robot Tree Decoration; Robot Tree Hanger; Robots; Sci Fi Figurines; Sci Fi Toys; Science Fiction Figures; Science Fiction Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tree Decoration; Tree Hanger; UK; Wilenhall; WV1 9QI;
Berserker's not had much luck with large lumps of resin in the second-half of the year, and this outing is no exception to his continually picking-on more than he can chew - with my help!

No comments: