About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, November 29, 2018

S is for Still in Fleet!

We do from time to time touch on art here, usually in connection with toy soldiers, but I was rather struck by these in a little boutique'y place here in town; minimal blurb - I'm indulging myself today!

3D Art; Art Gallery; Baby Toy Novelty; Gummi Bears; Gummi-Baren; Gummibaren; Ice Cream; Jelly Babies; Jelly Baby; Jelly Bears; Jellyman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unicorn;
How cools are these? To cool for the ice cream van that's for sure! Or not cool enough . . . they're resin alright! Only an idiot would take them out in an ice-cream van! Although when I say resin, they might be silicon; I didn't get to squidge them!

3D Art; Art Gallery; Baby Toy Novelty; Gummi Bears; Gummi-Baren; Gummibaren; Ice Cream; Jelly Babies; Jelly Baby; Jelly Bears; Jellyman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unicorn;
I shot these at the same time, they were not so striking, built up with glitter and the clear resin/silicon stuff, and some other stuff. The flowers probably worked better than the tree.

3D Art; Art Gallery; Baby Toy Novelty; Gummi Bears; Gummi-Baren; Gummibaren; Ice Cream; Jelly Babies; Jelly Baby; Jelly Bears; Jellyman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unicorn;
These were what actually drew me to the shop window; they look so real it's hard to credit them with not being luscious, fruity ice-lollies slowing melting in the sun!

3D Art; Art Gallery; Baby Toy Novelty; Gummi Bears; Gummi-Baren; Gummibaren; Ice Cream; Jelly Babies; Jelly Baby; Jelly Bears; Jellyman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unicorn;
Back to the jelly-babies, although they are more like gummibären! These work better with the 'splat' than the five with their nouvelle-cuisine jus-squiggles, if I had some spare cash I'd buy one of these, they are fun, quirky and you'll never get tired of looking at them, a naive landscape sinks into the background after a few weeks, a crying clown brings death to the house, rock-posters are for posers but splattered jelly-baby mirrors are brilliant!

3D Art; Art Gallery; Baby Toy Novelty; Gummi Bears; Gummi-Baren; Gummibaren; Ice Cream; Jelly Babies; Jelly Baby; Jelly Bears; Jellyman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unicorn;
This - like the plants - didn't work quite so well, but you can see with them all what the artist is 'working on' or trying to do!

That's it, weird 3D, jelly-baby art!

No comments: