About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, December 10, 2018

C is for Chinese Dragons

Or . . . B is for Briefly! Because I spent Thursday evening getting a video together for the tenth anniversary of the blog, the time which would otherwise have been spent getting something together for Monday, wasn't available, so I've rushed this together for the 9.30am slot and I'll try to work on something a little more substantial for posting live this (Monday) afternoon!

You can tell it's rushed - there's too many 'together's and they all needed spellcheck!

British Flag; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; China Toys; Cookware; Dragon; Earrings; Gem; GeModels; Key Chain; Key Chains; Key Rings; Key-Fob; Key-Fobs; Made in China; Made in Hong Kong; Monsters; Novelties; Novelty; Novelty Dragons; Novelty Figurines; PVC Figurines; Santa Claus; Santaclaus; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The Big Animals; Zhong Jie;
How they come in! Mid-July 2015, and a quick trip to Basingrad netted this little pile of plunder, we've seen most of it before here, the generic flag and Hong Kong/China Santa' came from a cookshop which would subsequently close-down, but not before I went back and cleared their Gem cricket stumps!

The rather poor Zhong Jie elephant (which seems to be the basis for the fibreglass one in Fleets shopping center the other month!) was a Poundland (or even 99p Stores back then?) quid and the dragon was a charity-shop 50p thing, but . . .

British Flag; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; China Toys; Cookware; Dragon; Earrings; Gem; GeModels; Key Chain; Key Chains; Key Rings; Key-Fob; Key-Fobs; Made in China; Made in Hong Kong; Monsters; Novelties; Novelty; Novelty Dragons; Novelty Figurines; PVC Figurines; Santa Claus; Santaclaus; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The Big Animals; Zhong Jie;
. . . I found this on Amazon not that longago (few weeks, couple of month's maybe?), you can get them wholesale in six-pairs for next to no-money! Made in China generics for the end-user to sell as key-rings, phone-tags, bag-hangers, earrings . . . dream-catchers! Whatever! I think the red/cream one is my favourite.

That's it, hopefully something better, later!

No comments: