About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, December 8, 2018

H is for Happy Birthday . . .

To me! No; it's not my birthday I gave up celebrating those years ago! But the blog is ten today, or at least it was or will be ten sometime 48-hours either side of today, allowing for at least two leap-years? I think!

The first post here was on December the 8th, so . . . anyway, I don't usually mark the occasion with more than a passing-line, usually a few days or a week or so after the event, if that, but I thought I'd better do something for the tenth.

Which I nearly forgot! I only remembered this afternoon (Thursday 6th), after I'd uploaded and slotted in everything for the weekend, so I'm hoping I can find time to get this up tomorrow (Fri.), after my annual trek to Lidl's for stollen-bites! I've knocked-up a quick rehash of some of the highlights of the last year.

Actually it's mostly from after May, all the early stuff seems to have gone to the dongles in a big clear-out just before PW's show, so the early 2018 football stuff is missing, and a few other interesting things we looked at back in the late-winter and early spring.

That's it otherwise; no great shakes, it's just another day, and there'll be plenty more, with the output of the last 12 months being nearly a third of all the Blog's output; I've barely got started and will be just as busy next year!

Thanks to all for visiting, a special thanks to those who contribute, donate or comment - and if I haven't posted it yet . . . it's still in the queue!

3 comments:

Harry Palmer said...

Happy Smallscale Birthday! Always enjoy reading your Blog, the work you put into it and the extent of your interests - astounding. Keep doing it.

Harry Palmer.

Mark, Man of TIN said...

Happy Tenth Birthday from Mark, Man of TIN and Pound Store Plastic Warriors blogs to a Small Scale World of plastic inspiration.

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks both! I will continue until they prise the keyboard from under my cold, dead hand!

H