About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Q is for Question Time - Instruction Sheet

Anyone recognise this instruction sheet? The archive includes a folder of unknown HK stuff and an A4, 9-litre Really Useful Box full of unknown or 'mixed' cuttings, this is among them.

Aoshima?; Bandai?; Fujimi?; German Infantry; German Soldiers; German Toy Figurines; Model Figures; Model Kits; Modelling; Nitto?; No.58 - 1972 - 1 - 2; Polystyrene Figure; Polystyrene Toy Soldiers; Question Time; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tamiya?; Unknown; Unknown Model Kit; Unknown Toy Figures; Unknown Toy Soldiers;
I recognise them as Tamiya poses, but the assortment (only five figures; no prone MG) is wrong, nor does the base spring-out as instantly recognisable, so I suspect copies, and 1:35th? So possibly not Bandai's 1:48th (they had little square bases I think), but maybe Aoshima? Nitto cloned them in 1:76th, quite crudely.

The only clue is No.58 1972 [and a] 1 [and] 2 (part sets?) and the star down the bottom of the sheet; which could be Tamiya's, or an asterisk! The reverse is blank, but that may only be because it's a photo-copy.

8 comments:

Andy B said...

Around 1972, a Japansese kit manufacturer released one or two kits to (as I recall) 1;30, including an early Panzer III. There was also a box of German infantry to go with them- I suspect the sheet may be from these.

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks Andy, a clue is a clue is a CLUE! Might we be in 'Crown' territory?

I have that awful little pamphlet/catalogue thing somewhere - where everything is alphabetical by type and all the makers are code letters you have to refer-to the front page for . . . is it the IPMS yearbook or something? World Kits, World Models? I'll see if I can't find something in there?

Cheers
H

Cosmocat said...

I tthink these are 1/30 scale Nichimo from the early 1970s (I've got set in my stash somewhere).

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Cosmocat; I looked up the pamphlet following Andy's suggestion yesterday, and it's the only likelihood, it was the IPMS/MAP list of kits for 1973, and if it's not Nichimo it has to be Bandai's 1:48th, and I'm sure it isn't them!

I'll add Nichimo to the tags anywhoows!
H

Cosmocat said...

Glad to be of help - I'm very enamoured of the early 1970s figure and AFV kits, especially the many one-off like the Nichimo German infantry or Fujimi's 1/35 - 1/40 US infantry (entirely pirated from Revell and Monogram !).

Hugh Walter said...

Cosmocat - I have a box of unknown kit figures which has all the Monogram-SNAP-Hawk-UPC-Aurora-Revell-Pyro-Lifelike (et al) figures in, or at least those I haven't tagged, and I hope to sort them all out one day and do them as a seperate ID'ing/Comparison page.

If you know more about them, I could use your help/advice? Ping-me your eMail and we'll see what we can do? It's a long-term thing, so no panic!

H

Steven M said...

This instruction sheet is from Nichimo 1/30 scale German Infantry, made in 1972.

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks for the confirmation Steven!

H