About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

B is for Box-ticking - Russian Troops - Unknown

Having shown the Starlux for the second time the other day I feel a bit guilty doing it again so soon, as this chap was also on the blog years ago, but given he's still 'unknown' and as I was shooting everything in the fully-round tubs (flats are elsewhere) and for completeness sake here he is again! Not really box-ticking, but then neither was the Ost Deutch passenger, nor - these days - are the Timpo!

70mm Figures; 70mm Russian; 70mm Toy Soldiers; Composition 70mm Cossack; Composition Russian Cossack; Composition Cossack Toy Soldier; Composition Soviet Cossack; Composition Soviet Russian; Composition Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Composition Figure; Vintage Composition Soldier; Vintage Composition Toys; Vintage Russian Cossack; Vintage Toy Figure; Vintage Toy Soldier; WWII Composition Toy Figure; WWII Russian Cossack; WWII Toy Soldier; Cossack, 70mm Ukrainian; Composition Ukrainian Cossack; Composition Soviet Ukrainian; Vintage Ukrainian Figure; Vintage Ukrainian Soldier; Vintage Ukrainian Toys; Vintage Ukrainian Cossack; Vintage Toy Ukrainian; WWII Ukrainian Toy Figure; WWII Ukrainian Cossack;
He's a very fine composition (the type still manufactured by the original inventors for the film, furniture & fine-arts' trades; George Jackson Ltd.) or a two-part epoxy (poured resin); it's hard to tell. One of my first large scale, I bought him at a car-boot sale, around 1997/8 specifically for a little display unit I had glued to the wall!

Clearly a Cossack, and I've seen the same pose in two other paint-schemes, I think - possibly in a recent book, or in passing somewhere on the Internet; I can't remember! But he must be known to someone, could the sculpt be a tourist-kiosk thing like our Cavendish/HK figures or a more standard West European-made composition toy? Is it a specific [modern] regiment's ceremonial dress, or a regional thing . . . Russia, Ukraine or further afield?

No comments: