About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

B is for Box-ticking - WWII Russians - US Makers

Nice to see my posts on Monday having such an influence on The Jabbering-F, but he was looking to be a bit out of out-put - as it were - this last few weeks, luckily now he has Dildobrand Hildabreath on-board, to add to Sell's erudition; we should see a marked improvement!

Quick trip across the pond today, not that productive either, but then Marx and MPC aren't priorities for me, although they may be one day, while the Tim-Mee are silly money, if you can find them!

54mm Figures; 54mm Russians; 54mm Toy Soldiers; MPC 54mm Troops; MPC Russian Infantry; MPC Russian Toy Soldiers; MPC Soviet Infantry; MPC Soviet Russians; MPC Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Plastic Toys; Vintage Russian Infantry; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; WWII Plastic Toy Figures; WWII Russian Infantry; WWII Toy Soldiers; 60mm Figures; 60mm Russians; 60mm Toy Soldiers; MPC 60mm Troops; Multiple Products Corp., Multiple Toys, Cossacks
MPC; a mix of 54 and 60mm, like my GI sample, but less numbers! And a mix of dress with Cossack, 'Deputy Dog' and side hats along with one helmet! I also forgot to turn the prone figure!

54mm Figures; 54mm Russians; 54mm Toy Soldiers; Marx 54mm Troops; Marx Russian Infantry; Marx Russian Toy Soldiers; Marx Soviet Infantry; Marx Soviet Russians; Marx Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Plastic Toys; Vintage Russian Infantry; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; WWII Plastic Toy Figures; WWII Russian Infantry; WWII Toy Soldiers;
My Marx sample consists of two, I'd like to think there might be a few in the big mixed-Marx box, but I'm pretty sure there 'aint!

Still; one of my favourite poses/figures, not one of the ten you'd save from a fire - but close. He's similar to the equally-dynamic US GI figure we looked at awhile ago, naturally another of my favourites! Late base/plastic type, but US original I think, not a Mexican import?

Stop Press: Imediately after I sceduled this I found Brian B has just sent me images of another pose which will go in a follow-up with some other stuff soon!

54mm Figures; 54mm Russians; 54mm Toy Soldiers; Marx 54mm Troops; Marx Russian Infantry; Marx Russian Toy Soldiers; Marx Soviet Infantry; Marx Soviet Russians; Marx Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Plastic Toys; Vintage Russian Infantry; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; WWII Plastic Toy Figures; WWII Russian Infantry; WWII Toy Soldiers;
This chap is apparently from the same set, but he's the 1st version and has a base you wouldn't credit to Marx! Is it (the shape of the base) a vague outline of the Soviet Union? To be honest he looks more like a backwoodsman seconded to the Canadian Mounties for the duration of a man-hunt! Especially with that buffalo-rifle!

What makes the figure though is the sculpting of the deputy-dog hat, which is fantastic, and really looks like a heavy lambs-wool chap... . . . czhr... . . . Deputy Dog 'at!

2 comments:

Gisby said...

My first question is 'Is there a different UK version of Deputy Dawg?' The only version I know wears a battered black cowboy hat.

But I think it's a badly-rendered Ushanka, which was not a lambskin cap. The military versions made in WW1 and WW2 were made with an artificial fur. (I now expect to be proven wrong, of course, which is OK because for years I thought the originals were sheepskin as well)

Hugh Walter said...

No...no...no! We called ours' Deputy Dog hats because when you let the flaps down you look like Deputy Dog! And if you spin your head suddenly they flap about!

If you turned them inside out, you could pass for a Sov', although you looked more like a Korean War Chinese! I have some shots somewhere, just out of storage and I hope to find them in the Spring and scan them in - of several of us 'playing enemy' for the RHF down the Zone; so attired!

As to the finer points of Lambswool-couture . . . I haven't the foggiest mate! But that's probably how you spell it; I'm sticking with Deputy Dog hat!

Happy New Year!

H