About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, January 12, 2019

D is for Due to Unforeseen Circumstances . . .

You were supposed to be reading about latex tents here, now, and Dinosaurs & Cavemen tomorrow, but Mr Glenn Sibbald of the near-neighbouring parish of New Zealand sent me a parcel [gratis] of such staggering significance on Thursday, everything rather got put on hold for a few days!

New Zealand's finest - coming soon!

I appreciate - equally - everything anyone does for the blog, whether it's photo's, donations, cheap stuff or other help, it's always humbling people contribute something; time, money, effort or 'stuff' but Glen has gone the extra five-miles on this one, and it's been ten-years in the gestation.

All will be revealed in/over the next week or so, but in being stunned by its arrival (10 'things', 3 carded, 1 boxed; 65 figures), my Thursday night's editing went out of the metaphorical window and today I have to Google board-games, see if a 1970's magazine is still publishing and go in the attic to find a pop-group!

Luckily I'd got the Show dates up a day early, but there'll be nothing here now until Monday afternoon, unless I manage to squeeze-out a quick filler-post tomorrow morning (Friday), and throw it up for Sunday? But if I do I'll add a line here when I post everything tomorrow.

- I have managed a fun collage for Sunday . . .

No comments: