About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

F is for Follow-ups - Recent Posts

Rather than have another 'flurry' I think I'll add one of these to the original post and make a post out of the other two, so it doesn't get to complicated or bitty. Despite my being mostly off-line or out-of-touch, the last three weeks didn't stop a stream of eMails coming-in, among which were various additions to posts, while I myself mooted this first point . . .

Astronauts; China F21; Hong Kong Copies; Made in Hong Kong; Mattel; Mattel International; MI 1987; Ninja Capsule Toy; Ninja Fighters; Ninja Warriors; PVC Figurines; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Samurai; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Warriors; Spaceman; Spacemen;
. . . in that I mentioned I was sure I had a painted version of one of the figures in Chris's 'Christmas' parcel, so I went digging over the New Year and found the above nugget!

However as you can see, he's not quite the same, being a larger donor of the smaller, undecorated copy-figure Chris sent, which is not to denigrate the contribution, only to worry that there are now probably twice as many to be found as might have seemed, a month ago!

Astronauts; China F21; Hong Kong Copies; Made in Hong Kong; Mattel; Mattel International; MI 1987; Ninja Capsule Toy; Ninja Fighters; Ninja Warriors; PVC Figurines; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Samurai; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Warriors; Spaceman; Spacemen;
The one I had spirited away in an 'unknown' box ('Spacemen & Astronauts - Human/Humanoid') is marked CHINA, F21 and © M. I. 1987, I suspect the MI is probably Mattel International? But if the F21 is Figure 21 . . . of however many, and if the pirates (capsule toys?) have copied them all, even if it only goes up to 22, that's 41 I'm still/now looking for! I think the Chris-sent ones are capsule toys, I don't know where the MI ones came from?

Frog Missile; Missile Trailer; Plastic Rocket Launcher; Plastic Rocket Toy; Rocket Launchers; Rocket Trailer; Rocket Troops; Russian AFV's; Russian Plastic Toys; Russian Tank; Russian Toy Soldiers; Scud Missile; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soviet Era Toy Soldiers; Soviet Plastic Toy; Tracked Missile; Tracked Rocket Launcher;
Following on from my thought that the rocket/trailer combo' the other day probably had an attached tractor unit, Chris sent these shots of his fleet Squadron (I'm sure rockets should be in squadrons!) with three designs from possibly two makers?

Both towed-rockets and artillery; with the rocket in a larger fatter design and the slim-Jim similar to the one we saw the other day.

I like the dressed-stone walling in the background, I thought it may be GeModels, but it's not 'in the book' although it looks vaguely familier?

--------------------------------------------

Additionally I have added the 'completion' image Chris sent - for the Progresspost the other day - to that post.

Both Chris and Brian Berke also sent me stuff on CMV last week, less that 48hrs apart, and without each knowing the other had, so I will edit those images and add them to the Khaki Infantry page soon, along with another brand I'd forgotten (also courtesy of Chris), and while that was the second sign of the Gods' synergy smiling on the Blog in its eleventh year, the day after the second lot of CMV came in, the God's smiled again, when some kiwi's flew-in, now - flying kiwis - that was a miracle!

Aaaaaaannnnnnd . . . the three-millionth hit went-over on Saturday, I missed it! I said it would likely be the second week of Jan.!

No comments: