About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

N is for Naturecraft

Naturecraft were a set of Christmas crackers issued back in the . . . errr . . . 1990's? 1980's maybe, but I think the 90's is closer; they do appear on evilBay on a regular basis, usually a sign that they aren't that old, which is not to say older crackers don't regularly appear on sales sites, but the frequency with which this, one, particular set turns-up, suggests it wasn't that long ago since it was retailed, and it probably only ran for one or two Christmases?

Chalkware; Chalkware Animals; Christmas Cracker Animals; Christmas Cracker Collectables; Christmas Cracker Novelties; Christmas Cracker Prizes; Christmas Crackers; Cracker Novelties; Cracker Toys; Naturecraft Chalkware Animals; Naturecraft Christmas Crackers; Naturecraft Crackers; Novelty Figurines; Painted Chalkware; Plaster Animals; Plaster Figurines; Plasterware; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Varnished Chalkware; Washed Chalkware; Wild Animals; Zoo Animals;
Painted, washed and varnished chalkware animals, I think there are eight in a set, maybe ten, but I seem to recall it wasn't a full-twelve; annoyingly I have all the details on the damaged dongle, but I'm putting-off the task of delving into it with the icare and testdisc software as I think it's an all-day (or many-hours) job, so I can only work with the actual loose sample, who are six!

Chalkware; Chalkware Animals; Christmas Cracker Animals; Christmas Cracker Collectables; Christmas Cracker Novelties; Christmas Cracker Prizes; Christmas Crackers; Cracker Novelties; Cracker Toys; Naturecraft Chalkware Animals; Naturecraft Christmas Crackers; Naturecraft Crackers; Novelty Figurines; Painted Chalkware; Plaster Animals; Plaster Figurines; Plasterware; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Varnished Chalkware; Washed Chalkware; Wild Animals; Zoo Animals;
Each is marked on the rear with a Naturecraft England mark, and I think each cracker had the picture of 'its' animal contents glued to it's main . . . drum? There must be a whole nomenclature for crackers . . . sleeves or grabs? Drum or compartment? Snap, motto, gift, hat, what about the scrunched pinch-points?

I have a half a thought there was a charity or some fund-raising (WWF/WWFFN?) behind the crackers?

No comments: