About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Q is for Question Time - Tentage!

Which Spellchecker doesn't like, but then it's American and they probably have 'Ordnance Haberdashery' or something . . . 'Bulk Bivouacs' , in the British army it's tentage, and this tentage is all looking for branding, and not W^D!

As I had one of the tent boxes out the other day, I shot a few of the question marks, and there's pretty-much something for everyone here; a bit of modern polymer, and bit of card and a bit of tin-plate!

Army Tent; Card Tent; Marquee; Medieval Tent; Military Tent; Plastic Tents; Plastic Toy Tent; Play Set Accessories; Pup-tent; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tentage; Tents; Tin Plate Toy Tent; Tin Plate Toys; Tin Toy; Tin-Plate Novelties; Toy Soldier Accessories; Two-man Tent; Unknown Toy Tents; Unknown Toys; Vintage Plastic Toys; Vintage Toys; War Game Accessories;
Placky-fantacky!

This medieval skullduggery-plotting, for the use of, marquee seems to be pretty modern, manufactured in polypropylene (or some dense, soapy-feel, nylon'y ethylene?), and the blue is probably home paint, I haven't stripped it off as it looks like the sort of PVA blue which tends to stain, so I'll strip if when I'm ready to repaint - whenever that is!

Army Tent; Card Tent; Marquee; Medieval Tent; Military Tent; Plastic Tents; Plastic Toy Tent; Play Set Accessories; Pup-tent; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tentage; Tents; Tin Plate Toy Tent; Tin Plate Toys; Tin Toy; Tin-Plate Novelties; Toy Soldier Accessories; Two-man Tent; Unknown Toy Tents; Unknown Toys; Vintage Plastic Toys; Vintage Toys; War Game Accessories;
Ends keep falling off!

I wondered if this might be New Ray, or someone similar; a stiff-card tent, pre-cut at the fold-seams and slotting into plastic end-pieces, one open and one closed? But I can't find it in any of my New Ray sources, so some other 'rack-toy' playset? To be honest it could be 'action-figure' sized?

Army Tent; Card Tent; Marquee; Medieval Tent; Military Tent; Plastic Tents; Plastic Toy Tent; Play Set Accessories; Pup-tent; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tentage; Tents; Tin Plate Toy Tent; Tin Plate Toys; Tin Toy; Tin-Plate Novelties; Toy Soldier Accessories; Two-man Tent; Unknown Toy Tents; Unknown Toys; Vintage Plastic Toys; Vintage Toys; War Game Accessories;
Sharp as a razor!

Bit of age on this one but not as much as you might suspect - I suspect! A sort of tail-end of the hollow-cast era; maybe 1950's? Before that, they (hollow-cast or solid toy soldier box-set accessories) were usually little cotton or linen tents with wire poles and a card base, this is less realistic than those and cheaper to produce - I imagine. Crescent maybe, they did tin-forts and stuff with some of their sets?

Army Tent; Card Tent; Marquee; Medieval Tent; Military Tent; Plastic Tents; Plastic Toy Tent; Play Set Accessories; Pup-tent; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tentage; Tents; Tin Plate Toy Tent; Tin Plate Toys; Tin Toy; Tin-Plate Novelties; Toy Soldier Accessories; Two-man Tent; Unknown Toy Tents; Unknown Toys; Vintage Plastic Toys; Vintage Toys; War Game Accessories;
Glasto' - can't find his tent - getting berserk!

Anyway that's them; minimal blurb . . . anyone recognise any of them?

2 comments:

Edwin Fear said...

Hi there,
I think the tent with the camo pattern is from the A Team Headquarters set, produced by Galoob Toys for their 3.1/4" action figures, hope this helps.

Hugh Walter said...

Yes! That sounds good - Edwin Fear; what a star you are!

AND, I seem to recall the stuff it came with also contained a red backpack with black stripes I did ID as an A-Team accessory, so that's too neat!!!?

Cheers
Happy Easter
H