About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, April 1, 2019

T is for This is Not an April Fool's Post!

From the archive . . .

$14.95¢; 14.95; A Machine Shop-; Bell Products Co.; BPC; Brass; Crafting Items; Crafting Sets; Die Cast Toys; Diecast Toy Accessory; Empire State BLDG. NY 1; Empire State Building; Hobby Set; Mail Order; Miniature Machine Shop; Oh Dad; Plywood Base; Scale Model; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Zinc;
. . . it would have been a thrill back in the day!

Advertising at the same time as you could get two SAE figure-sets - delivered - for $2.25¢, so it's also bloody expensive! And . . . I don't think these are 'working' models like the ones you could build with Mecanno kits or Mammod? Just watch them go round . . . and round . . . and round . . . AND up-and-down; one of them goes up and down!
 
--------------------------------
 
Running hideously late today (mowing . . . and first Orange-tip!), so eMail's tomorrow now!
 
'Peter from Belgium' - your figure is Marx, from the safari playsets! Looks like a re-issue?

No comments: