About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, July 29, 2019

B is for Broken Blind Bags

They're broken because you can see the contents!

In the news all the weekend just gone, as there was a major competition in the US (New York?) with millions in prizes - I shelfied these in the Works, where the full range (including the 'really rare's) all seem to be on clearance, I don't know what they cost first time round, but they weren't cheap enough for me to 'invest'!

36 Figures to Collect; Epic Games; Five-pack; Forthnite Stampers; Fortnite Figures; Gaming Figurines; Kids Works; New Production News; Novelties; Novelty Figurine; Novelty Stampers; PMI; Sinco Creations; Singleton Trading Ltd.; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Two-pack; Vinyl Stampers;
Five-packs, I think I've seen two different ones, but in different stores! Figures are about 75/80mm, I'm not farty enough to get the tape-measure out in a discount store . . . although as I don't carry a tape-measure that would be hard to do, even if I was farty-enough!

36 Figures to Collect; Epic Games; Five-pack; Forthnite Stampers; Fortnite Figures; Gaming Figurines; Kids Works; New Production News; Novelties; Novelty Figurine; Novelty Stampers; PMI; Sinco Creations; Singleton Trading Ltd.; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Two-pack; Vinyl Stampers;
Two-packs are more affordable, yet more expensive at £2.50 per figure against the two-quid of the five-packs. I know nothing about Fortnight, but have seen various references of it in the media to know it's one of the big games (online?) at the moment, and presumably these are the better-known thirty-six or favourite download characters/'skins'? 

36 Figures to Collect; Epic Games; Five-pack; Forthnite Stampers; Fortnite Figures; Gaming Figurines; Kids Works; New Production News; Novelties; Novelty Figurine; Novelty Stampers; PMI; Sinco Creations; Singleton Trading Ltd.; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Two-pack; Vinyl Stampers;
The single 'blind-bags' which aren't, are the most expensive way to purchase them, but the easiest way to fill-gaps, clearly the marketing model is for you to purchase the five-lots, then the pairs, then finish off with the singles, but - if you are tempted - I'd look for the 'rarest' first wherever they are (one is in a twin-pack), as they will be in smaller quantities, then grab the commoner ones later!

36 Figures to Collect; Epic Games; Five-pack; Forthnite Stampers; Fortnite Figures; Gaming Figurines; Kids Works; New Production News; Novelties; Novelty Figurine; Novelty Stampers; PMI; Sinco Creations; Singleton Trading Ltd.; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Two-pack; Vinyl Stampers;
The whole set; the image embiggens to reasonably large - but a bit blurry - if you click on it! Epic-PMI/Kids Works-Sinco Creations, that's how it is these-days, with this stuff; licenses within licenses!

A word of warning though, if you are tempted, but are also an ethical buyer, these may be made in china and licenced to various intermediates, but ultimate profit channels-back to an Israeli firm.

No comments: