About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

F is for Follow-up - A is for Ally' Animals

When we last looked at these aluminium flats, I said "I was pleasantly surprised to find I had in fact added nine additional animals to the rhino", but it turns out I didn't have a rhino', I had a hippopotamus! And several other figures, only one of which - the goose - is a duplicate, as I can't now find the new ones, we'll have to look at the old ones here, and once I've (hopefully) found some more we'll look at all of them, together, one day?

Aluminium Cockerel; Aluminium Duck; Aluminium Goose; Aluminium Hippopotamus; Aluminium Horse; Aluminium Ibex; Aluminium Mountain Goat; Aluminium Rabbit; Aluminium Squirrel; Aluminium Stork; Cockerel Flat; Duck Flat; Goose Flat; Hippopotamus Flat; Horse Flat; Ibex Flat; Mountain Goat Flat; Rabbit Flat; Squirrel Flat; Stork Flat; Aluminium Flats; Cigarette Premiums; Die Cast Toys; Farm Animals; Flat Figures; German Flats; German Toy Figurines; Goose; Mazac; Metal Toy; Premium Flats; Premiums; Russian Flats; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Stork; Wild Animals; Wild Life; Wildlife; Zamac; Zamak; Zoo Animals;
Actually . . . while I'll leave the above, it makes a good opening paragraph and I had to look up the 'Unknown European Flats' folder in the 'Unknown by Country' folder on the 'Unknown' dongle . . . it's bollocks! The previous post WAS the storage stuff, these have come-in in the last few months!

Sitill unknown Wild Animals; include err . . . a hippo . . . along with a long-horned deer or mountain goat of some kind, ibex? And a stork which makes the previously seen leggy bird look like an ibis or something, collared vulture?

They must have come from Sandown Park, probably from Adrian, I'll thank him anyway as he often puts interesting stuff aside for me.

Aluminium Cockerel; Aluminium Duck; Aluminium Goose; Aluminium Hippopotamus; Aluminium Horse; Aluminium Ibex; Aluminium Mountain Goat; Aluminium Rabbit; Aluminium Squirrel; Aluminium Stork; Cockerel Flat; Duck Flat; Goose Flat; Hippopotamus Flat; Horse Flat; Ibex Flat; Mountain Goat Flat; Rabbit Flat; Squirrel Flat; Stork Flat; Aluminium Flats; Cigarette Premiums; Die Cast Toys; Farm Animals; Flat Figures; German Flats; German Toy Figurines; Goose; Mazac; Metal Toy; Premium Flats; Premiums; Russian Flats; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Stork; Wild Animals; Wild Life; Wildlife; Zamac; Zamak; Zoo Animals;
The domestic animals in this sample are more numerous, restoring the balance, as it was wild animal-heavy, while with the squirrel and rabbit we're looking at woodland creatures as well.

As I said last time, I don't know how large the set is, or if it's several sets, or if they are connected to the caricature Nazi's we looked at first in this sequence. I do still think they were cigarette premiums, but that's still to be confirmed.

No comments: