About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

F is for Follow-up - Silvercorn / Lollipop

Through the autumn/winter of 2016-2017 we managed to look at all four sets of these with help from Uncle Brian, Brian Berke and Tim/Gisby, in the course of which journey I said I had a few of the micro-AFV's in the storgae 'archive', and these are they!

6x6 AFV; 8x8 AFV; Abbot SPG; Ackerman; AFV Kits; AFV's; Challenger MBT; Hummer; Hummers; Humvee; LAV/Piranha Types; LAV Piranha; Lollipop; LP - Lollipop; M1 Abrahams; M109 SPG; Micro-Armour; Micro-mini; Military Case Land Vehicles; Military Miniatures; Military Vehicles; Pinzgauer; Silvercorn; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; SPG Model; SPG Toy; Terrestrial War Games;
They don't add anything to the previous post - courtesy of Gisby - but I've shot them at new angles which changes one of the tracked beasts somewhat; the one on the right, which had looked quite Challenger-like, actually looks a bit SPG'ish with elements of Abbot or M109?

I'd actually said I didn't think I had any of the tracked vehicles, but I have two-and-a-half! The other whole-one is the one I called an Italian/Argentine/Brazilian 'medium ' type (left-middle), with a modern-looking command 6x6 and Hummer making-up my sandy-sample.

6x6 AFV; 8x8 AFV; Abbot SPG; Ackerman; AFV Kits; AFV's; Challenger MBT; Hummer; Hummers; Humvee; LAV/Piranha Types; LAV Piranha; Lollipop; LP - Lollipop; M1 Abrahams; M109 SPG; Micro-Armour; Micro-mini; Military Case Land Vehicles; Military Miniatures; Military Vehicles; Pinzgauer; Silvercorn; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; SPG Model; SPG Toy; Terrestrial War Games;
In green I have the same 6x6 and the turret-armed 8x8 and usually keep them with opposite coloured wheel-sets, but I swapped them back for the comparison!

6x6 AFV; 8x8 AFV; Abbot SPG; Ackerman; AFV Kits; AFV's; Challenger MBT; Hummer; Hummers; Humvee; LAV/Piranha Types; LAV Piranha; Lollipop; LP - Lollipop; M1 Abrahams; M109 SPG; Micro-Armour; Micro-mini; Military Case Land Vehicles; Military Miniatures; Military Vehicles; Pinzgauer; Silvercorn; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; SPG Model; SPG Toy; Terrestrial War Games;
The components of one of the tanks, part count is the same for all of them; hull, turret, belly-pan, two universal wheel-sets and two identical track units, the same for all the tanks and bi-directional on any tank. The belly-pans however are model-specific.

I also have a few bits and pieces including the 'Soviet' tank's hull, so it's the 'NATO' one I'm still looking for, and a wheel-less (over-scale) Unimog type (which looked a bit 'Pinzgauer' last time), where I got the "...something like an Sd.Kfz.222..." idea from - I haven't the faintest idea!

I've also discovered that the entire line was issued in a single play-set; ships, aircraft, figures (with accessory runners) and these micro-armour. The whole in a card-carton, full-colour glossy-printed on a paper laminate, imported by Ackerman it was (is?) called 'Terrestrial War Games', I think - but I'm not sure!

No comments: