About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, July 20, 2019

T is for Toy Fair 2019 Reports - Revell - Viking Long Ship

Revell also had glow-in-the-dark versions of two older kits, the Viking long ship and the Pirates of the Carribean licensed Black Pearl. Although scaled to 1:50, you can pile smaller-scaled figures in it and it still looks OK!

05428; 1:50th Scale; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; Model Kits; Model Viking Ship; Modelling; New For 2019; New Toy News; Night Color; Revell 05428; Revell GmbH; Revell Models; Revell News; Revell Viking Ship; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 2019; Toy News; Viking Ghost Ship; Viking Long Ship; Warship Model;
The 'night color' seems to be a blackish-grey or graphite wash, which goes on thin allowing the fluorescent plastic to shine through, but I'm not sure and didn't ask, it may be more of a dry-brushing thing?

05428; 1:50th Scale; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; Model Kits; Model Viking Ship; Modelling; New For 2019; New Toy News; Night Color; Revell 05428; Revell GmbH; Revell Models; Revell News; Revell Viking Ship; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 2019; Toy News; Viking Ghost Ship; Viking Long Ship; Warship Model;
As it happened I'd bought the finished vessel for a pound in a charity shop in Basingrad back in October of last year, and although the shop gave me a box to carry it home on the train, it suffered damage (and was already missing a few oars!) before I could shoot it.

05428; 1:50th Scale; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; Model Kits; Model Viking Ship; Modelling; New For 2019; New Toy News; Night Color; Revell 05428; Revell GmbH; Revell Models; Revell News; Revell Viking Ship; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 2019; Toy News; Viking Ghost Ship; Viking Long Ship; Warship Model;
It gives an idea of what the ship can look like, and has now gone to recycling, but only after I stripped all the useful spares off it. At the end of the day, unless you are lucky enough to have a large or spacious property, it's very hard to hang on to stuff like this, which is probably why the previous owner gave it to charity in the first place!

No comments: