About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

T is for Two - Novelty Sets

Sometimes stuff comes in which is worth more than a glance in a 'show report' but which won't make a decent 'headline' post, for which the 'T is for . . . ' trope sort of happened, one day. These two definitely fall into the category of novelty shite, but in a way which guarantees that some of you would give them house-room . . . as I have!

Alien Candle Holder; Alien Novelties; Alien Novelty Toy; Aliens; Cake Candles; Cake Decoration; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Candle Holder; Novelty Figurine; Novelty Robot; Robot; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Cake Decorations; Wilton Cake Decorations; Wilton's;
Anyone who collects large scale space is going to say yes to robots and aliens, even if they have large holes in their heads! Copywrite to Wilton in Illinois, but happy also to claim Hong Kong for their origin, they are novelty cake candle-holders.

These will be contract manufactured in the colony for the American firm, what is now known as 'OEM' (original equipment manufacturing) contracting, back then it would have been 'exclusive' of some kind; commissioner exclusive, exclusive contract, something like that, it just means the contracting company is not allowing a generic run of 'their' product; not 'made by' Wilton, but made for Wilton - and nobody else.

Mr Bump; Mr Happy; Mr Men; Mr Men Novelties; Mr Men Pencil Toppers; Mr Silly; Mr Tickle; Novelty Pencil Tops; Novelty Toy Pencil Tops; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Stationary;
Mr Men pencil tops, along with the candle-holders these were a find at May's Sandown Park toy fair, where I was supposed to be having a quite time after PW, a fortnight earlier, but still managed to find 17 rack toys, these two lots and a handful or other stuff!

I recognise Mr Tickle and Mr Bump and suppose the yellow one to be Mr Happy, but I haven't a clue as to the green one - Mr silly hat? Oh! Is he Mr Silly, there was one, wasn't there?

I have to confess they sort of passed me by as a kid; we had Beatrix Potter to learn to read (new one; once you could read the last one through, out loud), then it was on to Victor and Valiant comics with their cruiser-tanks and Messerschmitt fighters, or Look & Learn , Tell Me Why, and World of Wonder!

What I really like about these is the stands, why don't you always get stands with a set of pencil tops?  I wondered if maybe they were damaged spring-jumpers, but there's no sign-of or place for either a spring or a sucker.

T is for Two . . . actually six!

No comments: