About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, August 18, 2019

A is for Again!

It's funny; on the Blog, some - stand-alone - things have come and gone, some things get a re-hash every few years (WHW), other's grow and fade (insects) but will return, while a few become scheduled features (ITLAPD and Rack Toy Month!), but these? These came quite late (year seven?) and now just keep coming! Dinoraser Chinasaurs!

Picked this up in Smiggle the other day and I'll need to keep an eye on them as I haven't been paying close-enough attention - I thought all that pink and mauve meant they were more like Clair's or Accessorize, so I just used to walk past!

Speaking of which, there are now several of these stationary/novelty chains; Neon Sheep, Paperchase, Smiggle, [Flying] Tiger and Typo, to name a few, and they are competing with the Poundland's and Wilkinson's/Wilcos of this world, to shift vast quantities of what is mostly utter shite! It cannot continue indefinitely, given the damage being done to the planet, but while it does; I will keep a look out for the figurals!

We've seen the sculpts before; twice - I think? But these have some new colours and have been impregnated with fruity scents, which don't mean they smell like a Californian hairdresser who likes frilly, purple shirts, but rather that they smell of oranges or bananas &etc.

Although, as they have been Sqiudgged-together in a plastic egg for a while, it's hard to tell which is supposed to be what fruit, as they all smell like the old Bundeswher ration-pack, boil-in-the-bag, mixed-fruit desert!

A few days later and these turned up in Paperchase, seen before in Wilko and - courtesy of Brian B - badged to Imperial in the US, they clearly had new poses and colours, so I grabbed a couple (quid each? cheap as TV antique-dealers chips!), but suspect I'll have to go back and study them more closely, with a view to further purchases, as when I got them home and had a proper look . . . .

. . . I found an Archyop... an Archieo... err . . . a featherd dino-bird I hadn't seen in the store, and realised there are two new pose/colour animals in each egg? So I will need to check there aren't more? New sculpts are a pterodactyl, an over-scaled velociraptor, an under-scaled T-Rex and the furry one! Note: one was short-packed with only seven items in total.

So there you go, both out there now, sixth or seventh post on the subject in the last 36 months or so, and if it's 'your thing'; all the better - Chinasaur Dinorasers!

No comments: