About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 19, 2019

APC is for A Plastic Crate!

This came in from Peter Evans the other day, in fact I think he gave me the other ('Japanese') one as well!

Rack Toy accessory or my name's Keith! The running gear is a standard moulding you may know from cheapo 4th or 5th generation piracies of Centurion or M60, with the one-piece superstructure clipping over the upper track-ends.

The body is vaguely M113, but, like both Airfix APC's equally not quite any APC, which is not to say it may not be based on a modern Asian machine, but is of a scale where it's going to be a bit make-believe whoever you use it with.

Compared with the Japanese-stickered one (see here back in January) above, and with a tatty example of the Airfix first-version beast below. It is the biggest 'readymade' APC (we looked at a bunch many years ago) and consequently while it would prove useful in any 'old school' war gaming army, could also provide a cheap source of battle-taxi for 28mm space marine types.

Andy Warhol may be dead, but he lives-on in Picasa!

No comments: