About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, August 4, 2019

F is for Follow-up - Sheds for Sentries

A bonus post this afternoon as I had to deal with a couple of things and make a .gif which proved problematical!

I sort of knew I'd jumped the gun with last-week's post, but I get a bee in my bonnet and then I'm off on one! Went to look for any other's and didn't find them, but them found the little lead ones looking for something else, thought I might as well shoot the Hong Kong for Cavendish one in passing and then realised the origin of the yellow HK one was under my nose all the time, so; enough for a follow-up, methinks!


1:72nd; 1:76th; 1:76th Scale Figures; Airfix; Attack Force Box; Battlalion Force; Cavendish; Cavendish Guards; Cavendish Miniatures; Cavendish Novelties; Cavendish Sentry Box; French Figures; French Made Toy Soldiers; Great War Boxed Set; Great War Boxed Set Great War; Guard Boxes; Guard House; Guards Colour Party; Guardsmen; Houds Of Hell; M-Toys; Marty Toys; Sentry Boxes; Sentry Coop; Sentry House; Sentry Shed; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; St Cyr; The Great War;
So these are the little 1:76th scale lead soldiers, presumably [at least] half-aimed at HO/OO model railways? Not sure on the nationality, either of the figures - as depicted - or the maker . . . are they French Cadet Academy; something Italian?

Of course this only reminds me I have a proper 'Nuremburg' flat (these are demi-ronde, verging on full solids) sentry-box somewhere, which will have to be for another day!

1:72nd; 1:76th; 1:76th Scale Figures; Airfix; Attack Force Box; Battlalion Force; Cavendish; Cavendish Guards; Cavendish Miniatures; Cavendish Novelties; Cavendish Sentry Box; French Figures; French Made Toy Soldiers; Great War Boxed Set; Great War Boxed Set Great War; Guard Boxes; Guard House; Guards Colour Party; Guardsmen; Houds Of Hell; M-Toys; Marty Toys; Sentry Boxes; Sentry Coop; Sentry House; Sentry Shed; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; St Cyr; The Great War;
As you can see they are perfectly scaled to go with the old Airfix Guards, who with head swaps could provide a band for the lead figures, but one suspects there will be (or was) a band available?

As I mentioned last time, these were originally posted on ETS in a thread about the Scottish penguin who's Colonel in Chief of some Danish regiment or something; it's one of those stories you can't make up and only crazy pink-monkeys can end-up with!

In the course of that discussion someone did ID them I seem to recall, if only tentatively, but I can't remember what the possibility was and if I noted it at the time I don't know where the note is now?

1:72nd; 1:76th; 1:76th Scale Figures; Airfix; Attack Force Box; Battlalion Force; Cavendish; Cavendish Guards; Cavendish Miniatures; Cavendish Novelties; Cavendish Sentry Box; French Figures; French Made Toy Soldiers; Great War Boxed Set; Great War Boxed Set Great War; Guard Boxes; Guard House; Guards Colour Party; Guardsmen; Houds Of Hell; M-Toys; Marty Toys; Sentry Boxes; Sentry Coop; Sentry House; Sentry Shed; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; St Cyr; The Great War;
Meanwhile the answer to the yellow Hong Kong marked hidey-hut was under my nose (courtesy of Bill B) all the time; it's a Marty Toys (M-Toys) piece, and was chucked in various sets with no recourse to realism!

Note the Happy Farm set; a copy of a Blue Box copy of Britains/Corgi!

And note also - following the latest idiocy on TJF's Shitestuff, courtesy of Erwin Sell (they make it up as they go along) - they are NOT Star. Star copied the Britains Swoppet figures with PVC-rubber packs/webbing, M-Toys are all ethylene and Airfix/Timpo/Marx piracies, albeit with the Britains stretcher-team/casualty, sans rubber-webbing.

So someone need to have a word with Marc Postelman and explain to him his set (or is it Vectis's set!) isn’t Star or Wello, but a generic from Marty Toys pretending to be Blue Box, meanwhile someone else needs to beef-up the output of Shitestuff or in may get a reputation for being inaccurate shite?

I also think my thoughts of having another in creamy/dirty-white plastic - given I haven't found them, after a look - may have been a false memory triggered by the other one I mentioned on Friday . . .

1:72nd; 1:76th; 1:76th Scale Figures; Airfix; Attack Force Box; Battlalion Force; Cavendish; Cavendish Guards; Cavendish Miniatures; Cavendish Novelties; Cavendish Sentry Box; French Figures; French Made Toy Soldiers; Great War Boxed Set; Great War Boxed Set Great War; Guard Boxes; Guard House; Guards Colour Party; Guardsmen; Houds Of Hell; M-Toys; Marty Toys; Sentry Boxes; Sentry Coop; Sentry House; Sentry Shed; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; St Cyr; The Great War;
. . . .also from Hong Kong [and sometimes] for Cavendish. Marked in three little letter 'blocks'; MADEIN, HONG and KONG with a cavity number, here a 2 on one and a 4 on the other.

No comments: