About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

I is for Italian Rack Toy

We've had this before but it was years ago and I shot it again while shooting a load of other stuff the other day, so we're having it again!

1-Ton Humber Truck; Cane; Carded Rack Toy; CGGC; Grisoni; Italian Army Jeep; Italian Army Lorry; Italian Army Vehicle; Italian Small Scale; Italian Toy Figures; Italian Toy Soldiers; Italian Toys; Italy; Jeep Toy; Made In Italy; Parata Militare; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy AMX Tank; Toy Army Jeep; Toy Army Lorry; Toy Army Vehicle; Toy Jeep;
Cane (as in canine, ie 'dog' or hound, hence the brand-mark) were prodigious producers of rack toys, so the fact I only have the one is slightly remiss of me, but then there's lots out there in Internetland, indeed Mr Sell hoovered them all up and pretended they were his a year or two ago so they are all plagiarised in one place somewhere on shitestuff!

I picked this up back when I was a small scale-only collector and there are no figures, even though -  as Grisoni - Cane did do some smallish 'combat' Marine figures which could have occupied one of the blisters here?

1-Ton Humber Truck; Cane; Carded Rack Toy; CGGC; Grisoni; Italian Army Jeep; Italian Army Lorry; Italian Army Vehicle; Italian Small Scale; Italian Toy Figures; Italian Toy Soldiers; Italian Toys; Italy; Jeep Toy; Made In Italy; Parata Militare; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy AMX Tank; Toy Army Jeep; Toy Army Lorry; Toy Army Vehicle; Toy Jeep;
The vehicles, clockwise from top left; A vaguely AMX turret on an upside-down Lilo provides the heavy armour, a Whites Scout Car/Bedford truck hybrid sits above a French municipal rubbish-van, the Jeep's actually not bad compared to the others and while the Saracen is recognisable, equally it has more in common with the locally produced vehicles of the inter-war uprisings of the 1920/30's than anything used in Northern Ireland!

1-Ton Humber Truck; Cane; Carded Rack Toy; CGGC; Grisoni; Italian Army Jeep; Italian Army Lorry; Italian Army Vehicle; Italian Small Scale; Italian Toy Figures; Italian Toy Soldiers; Italian Toys; Italy; Jeep Toy; Made In Italy; Parata Militare; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy AMX Tank; Toy Army Jeep; Toy Army Lorry; Toy Army Vehicle; Toy Jeep;
My favourite, the smallest non-Hong Kong copy I know-of, of what is clearly the 1-Ton Humber from Dinky, in this case probably via Sam Toys own copy, but much reduced and simplified, or Matchbox but theirs was a radio-shack body, the Dinky was the GS 'pick-up'.

No comments: