About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 19, 2019

LB is for Sorry, But It Really Is!

I was corresponding with someone the other day about the LP-LB thing, and he was very keen to keep it as LP; he's as diligent in his research as me and the same stickler for the facts as I am! So I told him I'd found a better image of the 'B', which I would send him . . . then I thought I'd better shove it up here, in case other people were not happy with the other day's revelation!

LB; LB Lik Be; Lik Be; Lik Be LB; Lik Be LP; LP; LP Astronaughts; LP Lik Be; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Culpitt Robots; Culpitt's Cake Decorations; Droids; Hong Kong Figures; Hong Kong Figurines; Hong Kong Toys; ID; ID Ltd.; IDL; LB Robots; Lik Be Droids; Lik Be Robots; LP Robots; Made in Hong Kong; Old Plastic Figures; Old Plastic Toys; Old Space Toys; Plastic Droids; Plastic Robots; Plastic Toy Figures; Robots; Vintage Plastic; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Robots; Vintage Toy Figures; Astronauts; Culpitt Astronauts; Culpitt Spacemen; LB Astronauts; LB Spacemen; LP Spacemen; Plastic Astronauts; Plastic Spacemen; Solpa; Spaceman; Spacemen; Vintage Astronauts; Vintage Spacemen;
It's a 'B' I'm afraid, I know it's a pain, I know it would be easier to stick with LP, and I blame the Hong Kong artist for such a dumb logo in the first place, but it probably looked quite good as a ten-inch square piece of sharp, mapping-pen & inked, black & white promo-art, probably on a neutral-grey mounting-card, in the Lik Be board-room, all those decades ago!

Has anyone come-up with a possible ID for the monster yet? Those glowing piggy-eyes should be a clue to fans of Japanese (or Chinese?) rubber-suit, sci-fi monsters!

No comments: