About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, August 1, 2019

M is for More Italians

Another PW show-lot, these are the Italian Air Force bazaar/rack-toys, also copied from the Coma originals in a smaller scale.

50mm Toy Soldiers; 60mm Toy Soldiers; Atlantic Bersaglieri Band; Atlantic Toy Soldiers; Bazaar Figures; Bersaglieri; Bersaglieri Bandsmen; Co-Ma Air Force; Co-Ma Bersaglieri; Co-Ma Toy Soldiers; Coma Air Force; Coma Bersaglieri; CoMa Italian Toy Figures; Coma Toy Soldiers; Figurines Bazaar; Italian Air Force; Italian Toy Bersaglieri; Italian Toy Figures; Made In Italy; Plastic Bersaglieri; Rack Toy Figures; Small Scale World; Vintage Italian Toys; Vintage Toy Soldiers;
Clearly sharing a sculptor with some of the earlier Atlantic 'Italian Army' and Hitler/Bersaglieri sets (not the later WWII sets), they have similar poses and the para's have guys jumping over old branches too!

Four ground-crew/perimeter defence and two desperate-looking pilots; the guys with side-hats would make useful WWII summer Soviet infantry; although I think the rifle-grenade would have to go!

The metallic-blue plastic colour is similar to the side-hat'ted Cofalu I have in the storage zone (now the garage!), and when I find them I'll do a comparison, but I'm pretty sure these will prove to be noticeably smaller.

50mm Toy Soldiers; 60mm Toy Soldiers; Atlantic Bersaglieri Band; Atlantic Toy Soldiers; Bazaar Figures; Bersaglieri; Bersaglieri Bandsmen; Co-Ma Air Force; Co-Ma Bersaglieri; Co-Ma Toy Soldiers; Coma Air Force; Coma Bersaglieri; CoMa Italian Toy Figures; Coma Toy Soldiers; Figurines Bazaar; Italian Air Force; Italian Toy Bersaglieri; Italian Toy Figures; Made In Italy; Plastic Bersaglieri; Rack Toy Figures; Small Scale World; Vintage Italian Toys; Vintage Toy Soldiers;
I also picked-up a Bersaglieri officer and he's here posed with two believed-Coma Bersaglieri originals and an Atlantic Bersaglieri bandsman for comparison.

No comments: