About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 22, 2019

B is for Box . . . Ticked!

A quick one this morning, previously seen in Plastic Warrior magazine where I hoped it was the one Peter Cole remembered from his time there, a previous iteration shown in the same mag' having had artwork he didn't recognise.

Boxed Farm; Boxed Toy; Britains Farm; Britains Herald; Britains Poultry; Cows; Farm and Zoo; Farm Animals; Farm Chicks; Farm Hand; Farm Toys; Farm Worker Toy; Farmer Feeding; Farming Figures & Animals; Foal; Galt; Galt Toys; Herald Chickens; Herald Collie Dog; Horses; Piglets; Pigs; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
Galt were primarily suppliers of educational toys, books, learning aids and junior school/infant-sized furniture, and would change their range graphics from time to time hence different versions of this set, which is obviously wholesaling a handful of Britains animals.

I actually had a really nice mid-80's Galt catalogue (thick as a Thomason Local!) but failed to follow the golden rule; 'Never lend a book you wouldn't want to lose', lending it to the wife of a client who was planning a bedroom for her kid . . . never saw it again!

What I do remember of it was that you could get a Lego City airport, with two big airliners and several other aircraft along with numerous vehicles and buildings, with several-dozen mini-figures for a price which was less than half the High Street price for a similar set, or similar quantity of 'elements' (as Lego pretentiously call their pieces!), not that the set concerned was in the High Street catalogues, it wasn't!

No comments: