About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, September 19, 2019

D is for Desperate Diggers Doing Dark Deeds

Or maybe just carving a latrine into the beach! But to be fair, it's commonly a dead-man's chest, or a live man - up-to the neck . . . or a casket of plunder, that requires a hole to be dug!

54mm Figures; 80mm Figurine; 90mm Figures; Charbens 54mm Figures; Charbens Pirates; Charbens Toy Soldiers; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Made In America; Made in England; Pirate Day; Pirate Digging; Pirate figures; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plasticraft; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Pirates;
I picked up another Charbens digging pirate at some point, then Peter sent me a reissue he had painted (main images above), so although we ticked that box years ago, I dug-out (geddit!) all the Charbens diggers for a comparison.

54mm Figures; 80mm Figurine; 90mm Figures; Charbens 54mm Figures; Charbens Pirates; Charbens Toy Soldiers; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Made In America; Made in England; Pirate Day; Pirate Digging; Pirate figures; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plasticraft; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Pirates;
All four? I don't know how I ended-up with four but the camera doesn't lie! Variation between the Charbens seems limited to shade of paint, with a strict-enough pattern being followed by the out-painters, while Peter's is more realistically-muted in the palate used.

54mm Figures; 80mm Figurine; 90mm Figures; Charbens 54mm Figures; Charbens Pirates; Charbens Toy Soldiers; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Made In America; Made in England; Pirate Day; Pirate Digging; Pirate figures; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plasticraft; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Pirates;
Also this chap came-in from somewhere, possibly Peter Evans, I thought he was one of the Tim Mee baseless figure, of whom I have a few somewhere which we looked at years ago, with the Charbens I think? But he's not! He's my first Plasticraft, and he needs some black marker-pen to be removed which may prove problematical. He's about 80mm but would be closer to 90 if he straightened-up!

No comments: