About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 29, 2019

G is for Gurt Galaxy Guardians

As I've said before I think, I've not seen this in the cinema or since, and haven't followed any comics related to it, so I'm not particularly eau fait with the whole thing, story or character wise, but the toy figures are nice!

Drax; Ent; Galaxy Guardians; Gamora; GotG; Groot; Korath the Pursuer; Marvel; Marvel Characters; Marvel Comics; Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy; Mini Groot; My Busy Books; My First Toy Figure; Nebula; Phidal Book; Phidal Guardians of the Galaxy; Phidal Publishing; Rocket Racoon; Ronan the Accuser; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Lord; Thanos; The Collector; Yandu;
Good guys, from the left; Star Lord and Yandu, Groot and the alliterative Rocket Racoon, when I say 'good guys' I get the feeling they are more Han Solo than JC?

Which highlights my first piece of ignorance . . . if they pre-date Star Wars, there is a feeling quite a few SW characters are taken from GotG, but I don't remember ever seeing anything about them until quite recently - in which case Marvel are the plagiarists, except of Groot who's clearly an Ent?

Drax; Ent; Galaxy Guardians; Gamora; GotG; Groot; Korath the Pursuer; Marvel; Marvel Characters; Marvel Comics; Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy; Mini Groot; My Busy Books; My First Toy Figure; Nebula; Phidal Book; Phidal Guardians of the Galaxy; Phidal Publishing; Rocket Racoon; Ronan the Accuser; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Lord; Thanos; The Collector; Yandu;
I think these are also good guys, but one or two of them might have questionable loyalties? Not least the two girls Gamora and Nebula who are sisters serving different masters, but I'm not sure how seriously they try to kill each other? Marvel - everyone's there again next issue! Also I'm not sure who is who but I think Gamora (green?) is the good guy? And . . . err; they're not Rylothians twi'leks, oh no! Oh no-no-no-no-no-no-no; absolutely not!

The others are Drax Korath (good? See comments!) and a mini Groot?

Drax; Ent; Galaxy Guardians; Gamora; GotG; Groot; Korath the Pursuer; Marvel; Marvel Characters; Marvel Comics; Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy; Mini Groot; My Busy Books; My First Toy Figure; Nebula; Phidal Book; Phidal Guardians of the Galaxy; Phidal Publishing; Rocket Racoon; Ronan the Accuser; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Lord; Thanos; The Collector; Yandu;
Pretty sure these are all bad guys? From the left we have Ronan the Accuser, The Collector and Korath the Pursuer Drax (see comments!). There's also Thanos who's even baderer . . . badiest . . . badly-bad . . . I said that! But he's not in the set, which he could have been as the 12th piece was . . .

Drax; Ent; Galaxy Guardians; Gamora; GotG; Groot; Korath the Pursuer; Marvel; Marvel Characters; Marvel Comics; Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy; Mini Groot; My Busy Books; My First Toy Figure; Nebula; Phidal Book; Phidal Guardians of the Galaxy; Phidal Publishing; Rocket Racoon; Ronan the Accuser; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Lord; Thanos; The Collector; Yandu;
. . . a crappy micro-space-ship. I have a drawer somewhere with all the sub-scale sci-fi Micromachines that accompanied the Galoob figures; Star Wars, Aliens, Star Trek and even a set of fantasy stuff, this pretty-well matches them and will join them!

2 comments:

Spectrum Steve said...

Hi Hugh,
So, Guardians Of The Galaxy does proceed Star Wars as you thought, in fact Guardians of the Galaxy was a back-up strip in the original British Star Wars comic but the original Guardians were a different group of characters with the exception of Yondu who was a founding member of the team originally (changed for the film) and Star-Lord was a solo character who also appeared as a strip in the British Star Wars comic. That said, Star Wars owes more to Dune and Flash Gordon than Marvel (who published the star Wars Comics) One last note is that you have identified Korath and Drax in reverse order, Korath has the two weapons in hand and Drax has the tattoos (Well, more raised areas of skin to be accurate...or nerdy!)

Sorry for the long windedness and as always, hope this helps.

Hugh Walter said...

Sorry Dude! I meant to answer this about three days ago! Yes it's always useful, and I don't know how I got their names wrong, as I was taking them from the text/descriptions in the book!!! They must have been on the same page with some ambiguous text!!!!

Which means I have a bad guy in the good guy group and a . . . Doh!

H