About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

P is for Pango Pencil Pals

Not everything get's kept for Friday 'forthcomings', and this is a case in point, having failed to find anything in the Basingrad charity shops (I forgot to look!), I managed to pick these up in one of the card shops . . . Cards Direct if the price labels are to be believed and there's no reason not to! They did the dinoraser chinasaur pencil-tops we looked at recently, or recent'ish, it may have been a while back?

Cards Direct; Erasers; Making People Smile; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurine; Novelty Pencil Tops; Novelty Robots; Pango; Pencil Earsers; Pencil Rubbers; Pencil Top Erasers; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Robot Eraser Set; Robot Erasers; Robot Set; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
These robots came in two sizes with or without a hole in their fundament, and as they were both cheap as chips, and robots, I grabbed all! Three designs, duplicated in both sets and with shaped blisters on both card, no others to find, it's complete sets, line and range!

Cards Direct; Erasers; Making People Smile; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurine; Novelty Pencil Tops; Novelty Robots; Pango; Pencil Earsers; Pencil Rubbers; Pencil Top Erasers; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Robot Eraser Set; Robot Erasers; Robot Set; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
As with their chinaraser dinosaur brethren, what was the odd one has grown into a side-bar collection of stuff, which grows every time I take my eyes off it for five minutes! I also thought to glue the thin ones back-to-back with their matching thick one to make double-sided bot's, but they would be too fat and look like the bot's who won the all-you-can-eat meatloaf competition!

Cards Direct; Erasers; Making People Smile; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurine; Novelty Pencil Tops; Novelty Robots; Pango; Pencil Earsers; Pencil Rubbers; Pencil Top Erasers; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Robot Eraser Set; Robot Erasers; Robot Set; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
The beauty of getting more bot-rasers is that we get to look at the whole family again before I put them away! It looks like the most awkward cocktail-party ever . . . where's that obsequious ambassador with his pyramid of chocolates!

"So, what do you do?"

"Obey humans mostly . . ."

"Oh! I help destroy Death Stars"

"I suppose someone has to, but it's not for me . . . odd hours and stuff, light-sabres, rubbish compactors; health and safety must be a nightmare"

"It's not a walk in the park - that's for certain!"

No comments: