About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, September 28, 2019

S is for Spandex-Suited Super-People and Seven Silly Sinners

Right - time for some catch-up on what Phidal's been up to, or at least what's come in from them in recent months, and starting with a return to Superheroes, DC, not Marvel this time and one or two of the figures may have been seen in previous roundups, or I may be over familier with them from the time they've spend in the TBS bag and on Picasa . . . That Darksied for instance, we may have caught him already?

Bizarro; Bizarro Toy Figure; Brainiac; Brainiac Toy Figure; Clarke Kent; Darkseid; Darkseid Toy Figure; Doomsday; Doomsday Toy Figure; Jimmy Olsen; Lex Luthor; Lex Luthor Toy Figure; Lois Lane; Metallo; Metallo Toy Figure; Mongul; Mongul Toy Figure; My Busy Book; My Busy Books; My First Toy Figure; Phidal; Phidal Book; Phidal Publishing; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Girl; Super Hero; Super Hero's; Superheroes; Superman;
This is the third Superman themed set we've seen I think, since the first Phidal Busy Book I bought 18-odd months ago, but they seem to issue about 15 to 20 titles each year, with a five or ten title rolling replacement every 18-months or so (conversational guesswork not fact - just how I've observed the titles changing in TK Maxx and WHSmith with each re-stock), and they've been doing it since the early-to-mid 2010's, so there have been a fair few sets now.

Bizarro; Bizarro Toy Figure; Brainiac; Brainiac Toy Figure; Clarke Kent; Darkseid; Darkseid Toy Figure; Doomsday; Doomsday Toy Figure; Jimmy Olsen; Lex Luthor; Lex Luthor Toy Figure; Lois Lane; Metallo; Metallo Toy Figure; Mongul; Mongul Toy Figure; My Busy Book; My Busy Books; My First Toy Figure; Phidal; Phidal Book; Phidal Publishing; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Girl; Super Hero; Super Hero's; Superheroes; Superman;
The good guys; we get both versions of the alien, and the three characters he most interacts with. These days He'd presumably be deported to Honduras via Mexico as a child and die of sepsis in a favella! The figures are perfectly sized for standard 'Airfix' 1:32nd-scale soldiers, but the two girls are proportionally-larger than they've been modelled in other sets?

Bizarro; Bizarro Toy Figure; Brainiac; Brainiac Toy Figure; Clarke Kent; Darkseid; Darkseid Toy Figure; Doomsday; Doomsday Toy Figure; Jimmy Olsen; Lex Luthor; Lex Luthor Toy Figure; Lois Lane; Metallo; Metallo Toy Figure; Mongul; Mongul Toy Figure; My Busy Book; My Busy Books; My First Toy Figure; Phidal; Phidal Book; Phidal Publishing; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Girl; Super Hero; Super Hero's; Superheroes; Superman;
The bad guys; they get sillier and sillier, but the names get more and more simplistic, and why do they never die, never stay in prison, and always have the $billions required to re-equip and build a new hideaway every time they get out? It's all very silly - but they are lovely toy figures!

No comments: