About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, October 14, 2019

F is for Further Follow-up - Rack Toy Astronauts

I knew I had some more somewhere! Because I knew I had some coloured ones, although now they've turned-up I'm disappointed to find no red ones as there were definitely some in my minds-eye, Hey-ho! We've looked at them recently here;


and here


Dollar Tree Distribution; DTD; Hing Fat; Hing Fat Space Men; Hing Fat US Space Exploration; Hong Kong MIB; Hong Kong MOC; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Spacemen; Moon Landings; Moon Shot; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toy Month; Rack Toy Spacemen; Rack Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Man; Spaceman; Spacemen;
So there are two 'lots', but they are in one PVC bottle-bag with no header-card and no note, so they were probably either an un-attributable loose purchase, or in one of the dregs bags of the 'big purchase' back in the autumn of oh-ten?

There's not much between them but if I had to commit; I'd say the Hing Fat greys are the slightly poorer finished sculpts? But a situation reversed with the seated figures, where the yellows are very flashy - problem with a/the copied tool?

Dollar Tree Distribution; DTD; Hing Fat; Hing Fat Space Men; Hing Fat US Space Exploration; Hong Kong MIB; Hong Kong MOC; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Spacemen; Moon Landings; Moon Shot; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toy Month; Rack Toy Spacemen; Rack Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Man; Spaceman; Spacemen;
The pale gray ones share the previously-seen Hing Fat base mark, while the white one and the coloured ones are all unmarked and with no signs of a Hong Kong or China removal, so separate issue with new base-plate or re-ground base-plate? On the subject of quality/finish; look at the spanners.

Dollar Tree Distribution; DTD; Hing Fat; Hing Fat Space Men; Hing Fat US Space Exploration; Hong Kong MIB; Hong Kong MOC; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Spacemen; Moon Landings; Moon Shot; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toy Month; Rack Toy Spacemen; Rack Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Man; Spaceman; Spacemen;
I'm still looking for the Hong Kong-marked originals, and will look out for more of the minor-sample types when we can return to them again, but not for a few years I think . . . three posts in a couple of months is rather tearing the arse out of it and they are hardly the most exciting of figures; a giant pair of pliers and a fire-extinguisher hose seems to be about as good as it gets!

No comments: