About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 12, 2019

J is for Ja-Ru . . . Shelfies

We often hear from Mr Berke when we visit shelfies, and this time is no exception, with some assorted ones tomorrow, and this quartet of Ja-Ru's finest, here, now; these were taken in August so all still very current.

24" Chute; Armymen; Dino World; Dino World Ice Age; Dino World Miniatures; Ice Age; Jaru 'fritz helmet' GI's; Jaru 25 Pieces; Jaru Army Command; Jaru Army Soldiers; Jaru Paratrooper Ready To Fly; Jaru Toys; Parachute Toys; Paratrooper Toys; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toys; Ready To Fly;
These are lovely, jelly-clear, coloured, novelty, mini-dinosaurs, what's not to like! I suspect they will prove to be from a larger set of common sculpts, given a gel-treatment, but what the heck, nice thing to find in your Christmas stocking if you're six, or going-on six!

24" Chute; Armymen; Dino World; Dino World Ice Age; Dino World Miniatures; Ice Age; Jaru 'fritz helmet' GI's; Jaru 25 Pieces; Jaru Army Command; Jaru Army Soldiers; Jaru Paratrooper Ready To Fly; Jaru Toys; Parachute Toys; Paratrooper Toys; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toys; Ready To Fly;
More mini's; I think I've picked some of these up in charity-shop lots, so there's a strong chance we will return to them in close-up at some point, and the mini's are something I've been meaning to sort for some time, so maybe over the winter? A simple over-pray ina  contrasting colour, but it's the blue and green bodies which are the signature, several sets have tan/fawn bodied sculpts.

24" Chute; Armymen; Dino World; Dino World Ice Age; Dino World Miniatures; Ice Age; Jaru 'fritz helmet' GI's; Jaru 25 Pieces; Jaru Army Command; Jaru Army Soldiers; Jaru Paratrooper Ready To Fly; Jaru Toys; Parachute Toys; Paratrooper Toys; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toys; Ready To Fly;
Seen before I think, but the card may be new, or the figure colour different, but I won't know 'till I put these away on the dongle, and when I come to do the A-Z pages entry, all the variations will be re-collaged to give fully pictures, you know - all grist to the mill!

24" Chute; Armymen; Dino World; Dino World Ice Age; Dino World Miniatures; Ice Age; Jaru 'fritz helmet' GI's; Jaru 25 Pieces; Jaru Army Command; Jaru Army Soldiers; Jaru Paratrooper Ready To Fly; Jaru Toys; Parachute Toys; Paratrooper Toys; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toys; Ready To Fly;
Same graphics reduced to a header/hanger for a bottle-bag; and again we've seen the figures before, but not in this size of/or bi-coloured assortment, I think. These look to be the polyethylene versions of earlier PVC figures.

Cheers Brian, salute to shelfies!

No comments: