About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, October 25, 2019

K is for another Kwong!

I think I said there were more Kwongs when we looked at the second the other day, and here's a third, there are about seven or eight in the four sources I'm using but so far the rest don't seem to interest us.

I posted these years ago saying I knew the logo but couldn't remember it, I them found it (KM) and added it to the post in my customary salmon-pink with an announcement in one of the first 'News, Views Etc . . . 's.

Combat Force; Darts and Caps; German Infantry; German Soldiers; German Toy Figurines; Hollow Figures; Hong Kong; Hong Kong Novelty; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Toy; KM; Kwong Ming; Kwong Ming Plastic Factory; Made in Hong Kong; Military Action Gun Set; New Territories; Shooting Game; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Target Game; Target Game Set; Target Shooter; Toy Guns;
But the KM was only a logotype for Kwong Ming, and while I can see myself looking for one of those ducks (for completeness you understand!), this should be the last time we visit them here, as they only seem to have produced the one set of figures.

Combat Force; Darts and Caps; German Infantry; German Soldiers; German Toy Figurines; Hollow Figures; Hong Kong; Hong Kong Novelty; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Toy; KM; Kwong Ming; Kwong Ming Plastic Factory; Made in Hong Kong; Military Action Gun Set; New Territories; Shooting Game; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Target Game; Target Game Set; Target Shooter; Toy Guns;
Which - for the second time - are these! We can be pretty confident they made them rather than buying them in, as they encapsulate the same production technology used on the wide range of cheap, rack toy, pocket-money guns seen in the larger ad'.

Namely; two polystyrene hollowed shell-halves, glued-together with the trigger/firing mechanisms caught in slides and recessed points or on catches. Except that with the figures; kept as lightweight half-shells to fall-over when hit. Not strictly 'flats', neither are they semi-flat but more 'relief mouldings' or hollow relief-mouldings?

Combat Force; Darts and Caps; German Infantry; German Soldiers; German Toy Figurines; Hollow Figures; Hong Kong; Hong Kong Novelty; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Hong Kong Toy; KM; Kwong Ming; Kwong Ming Plastic Factory; Made in Hong Kong; Military Action Gun Set; New Territories; Shooting Game; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Target Game; Target Game Set; Target Shooter; Toy Guns;
Rather dwarfed by the Kwong Ming Stormtrooper, 'Berserker' sneaks-up from behind to give us the 70mm measurement we need! That's them, but when I say we won't need to see them here again; they will get an A-Z entry sometime!

No comments: