About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Q is for Quite Uncommon?

Chris Smith sent these, which I would normally consider a mere box-ticker, but actually I've only ever managed to find the one, and Chris who has a fine sample of the Germans (which I also find turn-up quite frequently) says he has trouble finding these in the same quantities, so a bit of a treat!

54mm Toy Soldiers; Hong Kong Copies; Hong Kong Piracy; Japanese Infantry; Japanese Toy Soldiers; Lido Copies; Lido Japanese Infantry; Lido Japs; Lido Plastic Figures; Made In America; Made in Hong Kong; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; WWII Japanese Toy Soldiers; WWII Toy Soldiers;
The Lido Japanese, all eight poses, Chris thinks most of his might be Hong Kong copies, but I'm not so sure . . . I thought all my Germans were HK until I studied Kent's Toy Soldier HQ page and realised the quality of Lido was simply at an HK level, and that I had a few Lido originals in my sample, obviously if they are marked Hong Kong they must be HK!

Also we've seen how they turned to HK with the mini-vehicles, having their own production copied and sold in Lido headers, so maybe they are all a little closer to each other anyway? And I notice Kent credits his picture to someone else, and had few in stock last time I looked so it's not just the UK they are apparently hard to track-down?

54mm Toy Soldiers; Hong Kong Copies; Hong Kong Piracy; Japanese Infantry; Japanese Toy Soldiers; Lido Copies; Lido Japanese Infantry; Lido Japs; Lido Plastic Figures; Made In America; Made in Hong Kong; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; WWII Japanese Toy Soldiers; WWII Toy Soldiers;
Banzai! They definitely look better en-masse! Thanks Chris, box-of-hard-to-find-ticked!

No comments: