About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, October 13, 2019

S is for Shelfies - Fortnite

Drawing the curtains to a close on Shelfie weekend we have a couple of long-shots I took in Smyths in Farnborough the other-day, after the clearance Fortnite in The Works a while back (at not-clearance prices - why I shelfied them too!), it seems there are several other lines/ranges of Fortnite stuff out there at the moment, a lot of it aimed at younger users as the game appeals to younger gamers.

Electronic Toys; Epic Fortnite; Epic Games; Epic Semi-Deforms; Fantasy/Sci-Fi; Fortnite; Fortnite in The Works; Gaming Figurines; Mattel Branded Fortnite; Shelfie; Shelfies - Fortnite; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Smyths in Farnborough; Smyths Toy Shop; Video Game Characters;
Epic Games have issued these, they are action figures, but in a smaller 60/70mm (?) compatible size like some of the Lord of the Rings sets or the smaller Zizzle pirates (although they weren't articulated - but you know what I mean!), each has a separate weapon and while definitely not 'my thing' they may be 'a bit of you' sufficiently to be worth a look?

Electronic Toys; Epic Fortnite; Epic Games; Epic Semi-Deforms; Fantasy/Sci-Fi; Fortnite; Fortnite in The Works; Gaming Figurines; Mattel Branded Fortnite; Shelfie; Shelfies - Fortnite; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Smyths in Farnborough; Smyths Toy Shop; Video Game Characters;
These are also Epic and are semi-deforms, but they are 'solids' so may be of some use to fantasy/sci-fi fans? I'm sure I've seen (and not/forgot to shelfie) some Mattel branded Fortnite stuff, and due to its being the current 'big thing' in gaming, I would expect more toys to appear.

No comments: