About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, December 12, 2019

H is for How They Come In - Often from America!

The same day Peter's parcel arrived, another hitched a ride with it on Postie's trolley, in fact with both of them sent regular-mail and the postmen working under cut-hours (or under-cut hours!), he didn't even knock, just tucked one on the other, behind the wood-stack in the porch and I found them both returning from the station with the daily Metro!

It was from Brian in New York, and had all sort of goodies in it!

CMV Khaki Infantry; CMV Toy Soldiers; DC Justice League; Dolgen Corp; Dolgencorp for Dollar General; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Soldiers; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Imperial Soldiers; Imperial Toys; Marx Copies; Mattel Flixstars; Mattel Justice League; Mattel The Rock; Mattel WWF; Michelangelo; Monogram TMNT; MPC 54mm Troops; MPC GI's; Mummy Army; Payton GI's; Skeleton Army; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero's;
He sent three bags of the Flixstars from Mattel we looked at last time he sent some! I'm going to have to keep one mint, but don't know yet which of them will be the two to open, but I must say I think they're fun, and from the front they all make nice figures.

CMV Khaki Infantry; CMV Toy Soldiers; DC Justice League; Dolgen Corp; Dolgencorp for Dollar General; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Soldiers; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Imperial Soldiers; Imperial Toys; Marx Copies; Mattel Flixstars; Mattel Justice League; Mattel The Rock; Mattel WWF; Michelangelo; Monogram TMNT; MPC 54mm Troops; MPC GI's; Mummy Army; Payton GI's; Skeleton Army; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero's;
I opened this one straight-away, because the packaging is a huge thing, and I can scan the card sometime for the archive, which will stack flat 'for posterity'! He's a bigg'un, about 80mm if we assume they grew to human size, and from Monogram 'the new'.

Funnily-enough I found the old Playmate's 54mm'ish TMNT's while putting that Plume Brisse (or whatever it was) Indian premium away the other day and I thought that with the ones we've seen in the last few years and others including the Yolanda Sobre ones we might have a round-up of turtle ninja, mutant-teenager figuress in the spring!

CMV Khaki Infantry; CMV Toy Soldiers; DC Justice League; Dolgen Corp; Dolgencorp for Dollar General; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Soldiers; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Imperial Soldiers; Imperial Toys; Marx Copies; Mattel Flixstars; Mattel Justice League; Mattel The Rock; Mattel WWF; Michelangelo; Monogram TMNT; MPC 54mm Troops; MPC GI's; Mummy Army; Payton GI's; Skeleton Army; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero's;
This year's packaging colour-way from Dollar General/Dolgen, I would save it for October, but thought I'd clear the decks now, as we can compare all three - to date - next year, they being; black, orange and purple cards. Still unfair that the Mummy's get ten poses and the Skeletons only eight!

CMV Khaki Infantry; CMV Toy Soldiers; DC Justice League; Dolgen Corp; Dolgencorp for Dollar General; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Soldiers; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Imperial Soldiers; Imperial Toys; Marx Copies; Mattel Flixstars; Mattel Justice League; Mattel The Rock; Mattel WWF; Michelangelo; Monogram TMNT; MPC 54mm Troops; MPC GI's; Mummy Army; Payton GI's; Skeleton Army; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero's;
Brian also sent three bags of some of his finds on the secondary market; the top bag has a mix of MPC 54mm (which I know I'm short of) and Hong Kong Monogram clones, the middle bag are the Payton (? I'll check before I blog them again) copies of the Marx hard plastic polystyrene figures. We did look at them, but it was ages ago, so they will prove really useful when I return to them here.

The last bag was particularly kind of Brian as we've already had the images - indeed it leaves me with a quandary as I'd like to shoot them again (now they're here!), but with some more CMV shots (for that is what they are) from Chris Smith added to the mix, they were/are fully covered on the khaki infantry page, so I'll have to be patient, or get a grip on an A-Z entry!

CMV Khaki Infantry; CMV Toy Soldiers; DC Justice League; Dolgen Corp; Dolgencorp for Dollar General; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Soldiers; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Imperial Soldiers; Imperial Toys; Marx Copies; Mattel Flixstars; Mattel Justice League; Mattel The Rock; Mattel WWF; Michelangelo; Monogram TMNT; MPC 54mm Troops; MPC GI's; Mummy Army; Payton GI's; Skeleton Army; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero's;
A return to Mattel with these two 65/70-mil'ish figures, a nice Batman and The Rock - who's pretty-much escaped me but I know of him from my Brother's enthusiastic gabbling on the Fast & Furious franchise!

I shot the card backs to illustrate a point previously highlighted - the mass of consumer information you find on these things, these days - they must be as 'safe' as a lungful of mountain-air!

CMV Khaki Infantry; CMV Toy Soldiers; DC Justice League; Dolgen Corp; Dolgencorp for Dollar General; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Soldiers; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Imperial Soldiers; Imperial Toys; Marx Copies; Mattel Flixstars; Mattel Justice League; Mattel The Rock; Mattel WWF; Michelangelo; Monogram TMNT; MPC 54mm Troops; MPC GI's; Mummy Army; Payton GI's; Skeleton Army; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero's;
Mr. B also sent three more of these large stretchy 100mm combat types from Greenbrier/DTSC for Imperial with a new colour and a new pose - the bazooka firer. Thanks as always to Brian and wishing him and the rest of you a Happy Christmas . . . I know - but it's not far off; any-day-soon and it'll be in the past already!

2 comments:

Terranova47 said...

Hugh, check the type under the bases in the bag of Crescent clones

Hugh Walter said...

I have! That's the quandary . . if I do them again over there (KI Page) it will be overkill, but I want to do them now that they are here! However - with Chris's totem and a few other things, and not much known history I may get the A-Z entry done over the break!

Cheers
H