About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

DD is for Dig Den

Once I had decided to take shelfies I looked around ofr other stuff to shoot, and this was the only other figural than which wasn't a full-on action figure type thing, and also exactly the kind of figures which will filter through in mixed lots and rummage trays in a few years time.

10 Bugs To Discover!!; 2 Bugs; 2 Zombies; 3 Bugs; B&M Retail; B&M Stores; B&M Zombies & Creepy Crawlies; Coffin Digging Blocks; Coffin Novelty; Creepy Crawlies; Dig Den; Glow In The Dark; Glow-in-the-dark; Mega Dig Set; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Zombies;
Again a generic branded to B&M so likely to be also found nearer you under another make or marque if you're not near a B&M! I could have saved it for Halloween, but that's a while away, and theses were 2-for-£20 in the run-up to Christmas (or 12-quid each?), now reduced to seven, if you're tempted to shell out three-fifty each for two zombies before they all go!

10 Bugs To Discover!!; 2 Bugs; 2 Zombies; 3 Bugs; B&M Retail; B&M Stores; B&M Zombies & Creepy Crawlies; Coffin Digging Blocks; Coffin Novelty; Creepy Crawlies; Dig Den; Glow In The Dark; Glow-in-the-dark; Mega Dig Set; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Zombies;
It's all on the box so that's it really, the zombies would make better aliens, and look to be the same pose/sculpt, possibly pantographed to two sizes, one of which glows in the dark and you also get six small insects of two species and four-x-two larger bugs.

What struck me about the set is that it's clearly been designed for two siblings to share, which I thought was a nice touch?

No comments: