About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

F is for Fairy Flowerpot

We've had a few of these Interplay - IP's shelfied since we first saw them at Toy Fair 2018, always in TKMaxx so a continuous relationship there, and - as with some of the Christmas stuff - not necessarily clearance or end-of-line, but more likely just loss-leaders to keep the toy section ticking over and looking well-stocked - I think I first saw them there weeks after the Toy Fair?

Create a Magical Fairy Garden; Fairy Flowerpot; Fantasy Toy Figures; Garden; Grow & Play; Grow And Play; Hope; Includes Bunny friend; Includes Easy-Grow Seeds; Interplay; Interplay IP; Interplay Toys; IP; IP Fairy Garden; My Fairy Garden; Plastic Figurine; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Novelty; Plastic Toys; PVC; PVC Figures; PVC Figurines; PVC Plastic Figurines; PVC Vinyl Animals; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Rabbits; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; TKMaxx; Toy Fantasy Figures;
Anyway, some might be interested in these near 54mm fairies, I've yet to find any in second-hand sources so for bow we rely on shelfies and these are a week old and TKMaxx as stated.

"Includes easy-grow seeds" and "Grow a plant in the flowerpot house" suggests you plant above a false floor in the dolls- fairy-house flower-pot?

Create a Magical Fairy Garden; Fairy Flowerpot; Fantasy Toy Figures; Garden; Grow & Play; Grow And Play; Hope; Includes Bunny friend; Includes Easy-Grow Seeds; Interplay; Interplay IP; Interplay Toys; IP; IP Fairy Garden; My Fairy Garden; Plastic Figurine; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Novelty; Plastic Toys; PVC; PVC Figures; PVC Figurines; PVC Plastic Figurines; PVC Vinyl Animals; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Rabbits; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; TKMaxx; Toy Fantasy Figures;
As I say the fairies are about 54mm (I haven't actually measured them, I don't tend to wander about in department stores whipping out my tape-measure . . . Ooh Missus!) so are useful only in fantasy settings as they are hardly dressed as saloon 'galls' or combat refugees, the other two reasons 54mm women might be of interest to figure collectors of our ilk.

And you get a rabbit, but a bit too cartoony for animal collectors who lean toward species-typical purism.

No comments: