About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, February 14, 2020

T is for Toy Fair 2020 Reports - Aquagel


Just a bit of fun with this one, there's a bunch of 'H is for . . . 's' in this afternoon's post, but you never know; years from now this post may help you with a weird blob of multi-coloured silicone-gel in a mixed lot on an auction site somewhere!

2020 Toy Fair; Aqua Gel; Aquagel; Interactive Toy; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; London Toy Fair 2020; Mermaids; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Modelling Compound; novelty Mouse; Penguin Toy; Rabbit Novelty; Silicon Rubber; Silicone Rubber; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 2020; Water Fun;
I can't give you chapter and verse on the technique as we didn't hang around longer than it took to fire-off three images and while as first glance there seems to be the simplicity of putting coloured gel in a mould, dropping it in water and . . . heay-presto!

However, there is the matter of the bag of granules which might be 'soluble mix' or 'solution mix' it's not clear and therefore the suspicion is there are several steps to the process, which some attendees had been having some fun with as you can see from the mess! The granules look like models of flu-virus cells!

2020 Toy Fair; Aqua Gel; Aquagel; Interactive Toy; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; London Toy Fair 2020; Mermaids; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Modelling Compound; novelty Mouse; Penguin Toy; Rabbit Novelty; Silicon Rubber; Silicone Rubber; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 2020; Water Fun;
At the bottom of the tank were the results of the effort of the prior-visitors to the stand - lots of coloured blobs, and what I suspect were the efforts of the more practiced stand-holders, of which I have identified three taken from the supplied moulds.

Like I said  - a bit of fun, but nevertheless figural! And we'll be returning to gels before this year's Toy Fair 2020 season is over, whether I get it done next week or drag it out 'till Christmas!

No comments: