About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

T is for Toy Fair 2020 Reports - Phat Mojo

I Don't think I've encountered Phat Mojo before, and while I'm tempted to say I'd never heard of them; I think there is a folder on the dongles, so I've probably grabbed something from somewhere at some point? Anyway, they had a few figural items on display at Toy Fair 2020, so let's cover them quickly here!

2020 Toy Fair; 2K; Action Figures; Baldi; Baldi's Basics; Borderlands3; Cable Decorations; Figurines; Harry Potter; K-Blings; Kensington Olympia 2020; London Toy Fair; Minifigures; Phat Mojo; PM Phat Mojo; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 202;
I'm guessing (safely?) that this (Bandlands3) is some sort of PC-game related thing, and guessing (less safely) it's a kind of rival, or similar to Fortnight? By which I mean you can get that much from the artwork! Random selection of odd-ball characters carrying-out tasks with a bit of ultra-violence?

2020 Toy Fair; 2K; Action Figures; Baldi; Baldi's Basics; Borderlands3; Cable Decorations; Figurines; Harry Potter; K-Blings; Kensington Olympia 2020; London Toy Fair; Minifigures; Phat Mojo; PM Phat Mojo; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 202;
A blind-bag system with 'limited-edition' gold versions of the figurines huh? We haven't seen that before . . . too often! One's a sort of Wal-E or Number 5, the other is clearly channeling Lara Croft, and there's so much of this stuff out there I can't get too excited by any of it.

It's the modern 'Soma for the masses', the equivalent of Bread & Circus; keeps the people from questioning exactly why Donald Trump is surrendering US Global influence to Russia, you see!

2020 Toy Fair; 2K; Action Figures; Baldi; Baldi's Basics; Borderlands3; Cable Decorations; Figurines; Harry Potter; K-Blings; Kensington Olympia 2020; London Toy Fair; Minifigures; Phat Mojo; PM Phat Mojo; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 202;
Baldi? Something else in the popular-cultural sphere I need to research, or ignore! They're action figures so of little interest to me, but some of you may be well-chuffed by this stuff? Looks like some early-learning/schools-programming shite?

2020 Toy Fair; 2K; Action Figures; Baldi; Baldi's Basics; Borderlands3; Cable Decorations; Figurines; Harry Potter; K-Blings; Kensington Olympia 2020; London Toy Fair; Minifigures; Phat Mojo; PM Phat Mojo; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 202;
Funko-look-a-like mini-deforms for Harry Potter; more blind-bag, self-referential, incestuous, pop-eating-itself, escapist, fantasy, nonsense! Highly-collectable for the five minutes it takes for the next 'big-thing' or just the next 'thing' to come along.

Apparently the 'K-Blings' make your cables look distinctively-unique to you . . . and every other dimwit who bought the same set! I haven't been kind to them have I? Heay-ho! It's just more 'stuff', killing the planet.

No comments: