About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

H is for How They Come In - Week 12

Really a continuation of week 11, as I always put any Friday purchases in the following weeks News, Views..., and these were Friday and Saturday's snaffles prior to our full shutdown.

Angel; Animal Toys; Blown Glass Angel; Boxed Novelties; Capsule Toys; Charity Shops; Charity Toys; Dino Fossil Dig; Dinosaur Novelties; Dinosaur Skeletons; Dinosaurs; Fossil Dig; Glass Ornament; Henbrandt; Keycraft; Skeletons; The Works;
On the way to post my brief hiatus-post on the 13th (Friday the 13th!) I picked up a few more dinosaurs and three Henbrandt separates; nothing exciting but a couple of Dimetrodons!

Angel; Animal Toys; Blown Glass Angel; Boxed Novelties; Capsule Toys; Charity Shops; Charity Toys; Dino Fossil Dig; Dinosaur Novelties; Dinosaur Skeletons; Dinosaurs; Fossil Dig; Glass Ornament; Henbrandt; Keycraft; Skeletons; The Works;
I also picked this up in The Works because it was as cheap as chips and one day we'll have an 'angel overview' here, so into the stash she goes! Real glass in the style of those miniature ornamental Christmas trees, she has a delicate filament of yellow glass for a halo and yellow wings both of which - as you can see - reflect through the clear.

Angel; Animal Toys; Blown Glass Angel; Boxed Novelties; Capsule Toys; Charity Shops; Charity Toys; Dino Fossil Dig; Dinosaur Novelties; Dinosaur Skeletons; Dinosaurs; Fossil Dig; Glass Ornament; Henbrandt; Keycraft; Skeletons; The Works;
On the Saturday (complete with face-mask) I went into town for the last time to buy stuff to help sort toys* during the lockdown (which would be half-announced the following Monday and not fully implemented for another week! If you rely on your Government at a time like this, you stand a good chance of dying!) and in passing dropped into a charity shop which was still open and found this plaster-dig dino-skeleton from Keycraft . . . I think it will be August before anything else features in these posts . . . although there are two donation posts still to come.

Check out the bent-backwards arms of the Stegocerus!

* Record cards, 'Really' Useful Boxes, click-shut bags and some of those multi-packs of little see-through takeaway tubs in four sizes - I've been sorting the Wild West for the last three eight weeks!

No comments: