About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, April 18, 2020

N is for Necessity - the Mother of Invention!

Ha-ha! I'm back! And the world's still going to Hell in a hand-cart!

I got chatting with the neighbour (from a safe distance of course!) and he offered to let me slave his Wi-Fi, which was bloody kind; they only moved in recently, so we only know each-other on politely-saying-'hi' terms, if you know what I mean?

Anyway, I couldn't get locked-on, but discovered we have a Wi-Fi hotspot (BTWifi-with-Fon if anyone else is looking for something - just connect to it, open your browser and wait - with your card - for the sign-up message . . . I know - I'm a luddite, but it might help someone equally slow behind the times!), and I've signed-up to that . . . it's not that cheap (£39.99p for 30 days?) and it's hellish slow, but I gather everyone else is struggling with speeds ('cos half the fucking universe is in/on lockdown now!), so here we are.

Actually I've been here for over 24hrs, but I had eMails to answer, friends to check up on, comments to deal with and a bunch of other stuff, but will start blogging again soon, and have some stuff ready . . . ish!

Sadly I was right about Trump (he's an infantile imbecile), but we have right-wing populists in power too, and we are going to end-up with high death-rates too, so will Hungary and Brazil, indeed we spent five weeks watching the Italians and having ministers muttering "of course . . . Italy are three weeks ahead of the curve", until we were three weeks behind and exactly where Italy had been!

And still no face-masks (which the rednecks, populists and 'libertarians' are trying to argue aren’t worth using - but hey; something is better than nothing - 'anything' - is better than nothing!), which should have been there, already . . . ready for a biological attack . . . which this is . . .

Toys next!

No comments: