About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, April 19, 2020

T is for Toot-Toot!

Back to novelty-corner for a prime piece of post-war, plastic play-thing! It's the ultimate blow-job ". . . just put your lips together and. . ."

Kleeware novelty whistle, I suspect it is actually from a US design, a lot of Commonwealth's novelties had a 2nd life over here, and the locomotive while possibly needing to be that long for the purpose of getting the note out (doubtful; there are whistles in all sizes) is more of a US type 'iron horse' with the cow-catcher (they didn't catch them, they momentarily eviscerated them and exploded them out of the way!) and the enclosed engine-driver's cab?

A 0-6-4 is an odd configuration too, but it is primarily a novelty whistle! I love this stuff; it's ephemeral but it survives! The blue one is a stable polystyrene, but the green one (presumably an earlier batch) is a less stable phenolic resin or celluloid-type plastic.

No comments: