About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

C is for CoMa's Cosmic Crazies

I was thinking of Lunatics, but these are actually Galenites! Lunatics were R&L cereal premiums!

It's late and I've got nothing ready for tomorrow (later today - it's that late!), there was supposed to be three Wild West posts here today, but I didn't get round to tagging them, then Brian sent me a lovely SCUBA-diver follow-up in the afternoon which I said I'd get out today - if I pulled my finger out, but I didn't pull my finger out, so it was . . . "What can I do quickly, in the early hours, that doesn't require research, fact-checking or lots of blurb?!"

25mm Galenites; Aliens; Co-Ma; Co-Ma Aliens; Co-Ma Galenites; Co.Ma.; Co.Ma. Aliens; Co.Ma. Galenites; CoMa; CoMa Aliens; CoMa Galenites; Cosmic Crazies; Galanites; Lunatics; Plastic Galenites; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Alien Figures;
The result is this box-ticker! Co-Ma, Coma, CoMa or Co.Ma.; I've seen all four. Space alien Galenites, these are copies of the bigger ones which were in a wacky fluorescent yellow-green 'atomic' transparent plastic. In small scale they were silver with a later issue in various colours (Kent has a red one . . . and yellow (?) on his site) and just the six poses I think?

They are similar too, and might well have influenced (but are much earlier than-) the blow-molded Hong Kong googlie-eyes/Giant mini's.

I had a small sample, but not all the poses and managed to get a set of six from France a while ago, this is the visual diagram of the sample as it stands, I still need a kneeling one with his top-knot' intact! Unlike the spacemen (who can be found in hard polystyrene) these are all soft polyethylene - box ticked!

----------------------------------------------------

I've got to P on the tag-list refresh, but this post reminds me I must break the 'Space' tag up properly . . . maybe later today?

No comments: