About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, May 1, 2020

News, Views Etc . . . Dead Links, Wi-Fi

Links
I have sadly excised a bunch of blogs from the links-list among which were a couple of old favorites; O'Leary Miniatures (gone painting) who I believe is active on a Facebook page and Rocket Punch who seems to have slipped his interstellar-moring and gone off to pastures new?

Two non-toy soldier blogs have gone; Pharygula and The Future Soon along with the trade blog Toy Industry News, Giampiero's small scale blog has also ceased to be, has have Vintage Castings and King's African Rifles.

Finally I've deleted the Miniature Zone as it (the Blogger version) was a temporary platform and I must work out how to get the actual site (which is still active) up, probably in one of the lists on the other side of the page?

Wi-Fi
That BTWifi-with-FON thing I've signed-up too is better than I thought (apart from when it disappears for most of a day!) as I've realised it's not 30 calendar days, it's 30x24x60, which counts-down on the 'voucher' page, so three weeks+ in, and I'm only about half-way through my allocation, so over the year it won't be any more expensive than any no-limit package/contract, so definite recommendation if you're looking for an alternative.

Tagging
I went back to the earlier letters, with additions to the 'Drill' tags, a difficult one as a lot of the posts are mixed poses, so I'm only adding the tags where it's obvious, the trouble is the 'Ceremonial' tag is getting big and unwieldy, but it's the best I've got, and if I added 'Staff Uniform' or 'Dress Uniform' tags (and I might, one day?) it would only take a few posts out of the whole tag-result. And by the time you read this I should be doing (or done, on going through) the 'Band' tag, converting to Pop, Pipers, Drums and Musicians . . . or similar; rock-folk, rock-pop, band majors, gweetaars?

5 comments:

JohnM said...

Hi Hugh. miniaturezone.co.uk has a permanent redirect to 1-72-scale.co now, hosted on the google blogger platform. After miniaturezone was hacked and they deleted everything I cancelled my service with the old provider and shifted to google. I planned on reviving it from backups but it was based on wordpress and meant a lot of work and time, and I couldn't see the need so I've been adding bit by bit backups of old posts onto the new blogger platform on the nee URL. Cheers John

JohnM said...

p.s - that should read 1-72-scale.com

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers John, I'm currently halfway through converting the 36 'Kelloggs' to join the 17 'Kellogg's' (what am I like!), then I'll fix a link to you!

H

Hugh Walter said...

Ha-ha! I've just checked and you're already there (thought I recognised the URL) i just had you twice and it was the old temp. one I deleted earlier!

H

JohnM said...

😄👍. Cheers Hugh.