About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

H is for How They Come In II (was the original post title!)

I'm not sure why there was a collage of stuff from Michael Melnyk in the other post (yesterday) as there seem to be two posts with his stuff still in edit, and they include the stuff in those three shots, anyway, I'll publish them just to get them out of the way, although it was so long ago, a lot of it's been done properly by subject, maker or theme, and I can't remember the details now; so a few notes, as captions, really.

A quick bit of background - Michael was looking for Swoppet Knights and such treasures (I think) round his local car-boot sales, and offered the chuck-outs to me/the blog, which I gratefully accepted as I was new to the large scale and had plenty of gaps to fill (this was all eight-ten years ago now?), and while I paid for them, I must stress it was pin-money, no more than to help Michael break-even on his purchases I suspect, so consequently was a real help to the collection/Blog.

A bunch of wagons which we have looked at in part twice now, and will have another follow-up; when I sort the Crescent ones in the garage - I have seen them once or twice! Along with other stuff including nice Lone Star and Cherilea Wild West / Native American Indians/

Same view different angle

Small scale bits and a kit-driver/chauffeur - robot's nice!

The Wagons - Thomas (UK)/Poplar and Tudor Rose

Cherilea, Crescent and other figures,
the 7th cavalry were brittle to the point of dust!

 Lone Star Wild West
and Cherilea ancients

Desert and colonials

 Thomas bits

I've never really thanked Michal for these, I've name-checked him in the odd post, but while I had shot the lots when they came in (for my own 'records'), it was before I started the H is for... trope, so they never got the kind of treatment they would get today, so many thanks Mr Melnyk, they were a real boost to the fledgling collection!

And - again - now I'd increase the contrast on most of the images and drop the brightness on the last two, but they're here in edit, so they can go as they are . . . how it was - a few years ago!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Blogger's actually playing up tonight . . . they missed their June deadline for switching us all to 'New4.6' or whatever it is, and now they are about to miss the July deadline they're obviously panicking, and while there's been problems with image upload for weeks, the preview is playing-up now and right-click features are missing! Why? Why do you have mess with something which isn't broken? Pink Monkeys - we haven't got a chance in the long run!

No comments: