About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, July 27, 2020

H is for How They Come In - Various, Old

This was one of the posts I pre-loaded back in, whenever . . . 2016 maybe? I can't remember, anyway I did say something at the time, and most of them were subsequently published, but there are about ten still sitting in edit with the Marx Idiots post!

So much time has gone-by I can't even remember where all these came from, but I think we're talking Adrien Little put-asides, Michael Melnyck saves and/or Sandown Park plunder?

Anyway, I'll add a bit of blurb and shove it up here for the morning!

This is definitely Sandown Park plunder, whether one show or two I can't say. I know the four unpainted (Esso pemiums) and two painted Tin Tin figures came from the Belgians who used to stall-out next to Adrian, sadly Brwreakshit put paid to their visits, coupled with the growing number of really good shows in Brussels and suround, topped-off by Covid-19!

There's also stuff we've seen separately - the two versions of Palitoy Spitfire, the Spanish Sobre Land Rovers, the plastic civilian low-loader, MB Games character figures from the Buck Rogers in the 25 Century board game and the Pyro-Kleeware army helicopter.

The rest seems to be small vehicles and various HO-OO compatible bits and bobs, with a carded pontoon-bridge knock-off and INGAP 'planes on the card. And three Wombles - see below!

The stuff on the left here is more of a mystery, I think it's stuff which came to the house over a week or two, possibly from Adrien (in passing), Peter Evans (by post) and a charity-shop purchase or two . . . or any combination of the proceeding!

Obviously we've covered the pirates, sorted the LB (LP) cavemen and the rest has been filtered into the collection for future posts.

On the right is a lovely little lot which came from Moonbase Central's Bill 'Wotan', really because I'd liked the little red footballer and Lone Star Zorro in a 'who wants these' post he did, but he bulked the package out with some other bits, including the three early-learning type zoo-flats, a Lucky (?) fork-lift driver, Marty Toy aliens and three Hong Kong copies of the old Tri-Ang Battle Space helicopter - all good stuff!

The left-hand lot was from a home-visit to Adrien when I was passing, and then I think he brought the middle lot to a Sandown for me? The right-hand stuff probably was a Sandown, the weekend after the plastic Warrior show tends to see me skint and buying very little at 'the park'!

We've had a closer look at the Birmaina copies of Comet-Authenticast, the Airfix dogs and the cake-decoration plastic copies of Britains Lilliput, the rest is grist to the mill! The little yellow box is a Benbros copy of the Britains Lilliput cart and posts are mostly prepared on them for the But is it Giant Blog, actually dealing with the Christmas cracker copies in plastic, but they're yet to be blurbed-up!

The Hulk is from Corgi and missed the series of posts I did on them back in 2012/13 (?), as did most of the superheroes (Batman, Robin and Spiderman . . . Spidermen!), as they were all in storage, so forthcoming . . . one day!

This is a lot of Sandown Park purchases, possibly from more than one show? A lot of these images were old when i loaded them, so we;re looking at stuff which has been in the collection now for half-a-decade or more and the old grey cells can't pin it all down!

A bunch of Marx 101 Dalmations from the Disneykins sit above three more Wombles, I have all bar Madame Cholet who seems harder to find; I will Blog them one day as a box-ticker. We've now looked properly at the Zang/Timpolene set, the modern Corgi lead and the Jet Petrol vintage car premiums from R&L, along with Gem's footballers. I think we also saw the Craftline boats? The rest is bits and bobs!

This lot was from Michael Melnyck, and we've had a good look at the wagons (back at the time I think) and the cereal premium Wild West while the small scale stuff on the right has been sorted away! We haven't looked in depth at the Cherilea 60mm's because I haven't got a full-enough sample for a box-tick, but when i got those Saloon pieces a year or so after this lot, I think we looked at a few of these at the same time?

The left-hand lot was I think also from Micheal, mostly 1950/60's kit figures in various box-scale or odd scale (1:40 and such-like) sizes, some space and smaller bits/parts, while the stuff on the right looks to be a handful of 'gash' lead Adrien chucked at me at some point and a bag of Sandown Park end-of-show floor finds? If I get time I'll always wander round the halls picking-up the stuff left behind!

Many thanks to Adrien, Michael, Bill and anyone else (Trevor, Gareth?) who thinks they may have added to the above plunder, it'll all be posted properly on the Blog one day! And, yeah, sorry it all took so long to publish, the images will need to be right-clicked on, if you don't have the hover-enlarge thingy us Mozilla users enjoy, and some of them are a bit darker than I'd let through now!

And I'm so out of practice with editing in this box, I'll apologize now for any typos that get through!

No comments: