About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

H is for How They Come In - The Small Envelope!

Wung its way to me it did, no warning had I got . . . Chris Smith kindley thought I hadn't had enough plunder during lockdown, and he was sort of correct, but I spent on FeeBay for a few bits, but he sent a top-up parcel the other day . . .

. . . with some items for other things and some because they've been seen or mentioned, it is that later lot I've shot outside the bag! The rest will appear here in the near future, but you may spot some clues in the above!

Robots; Chris and I managed to ID the Hong Kong red & blue robots he sent just before Covid struck, and by way of continuing the conversation (they will get their own post when I find something in the collection that goes with them and which I thought I'd found but now can't find! Doh!) sent these individuals.

From the left, I thought this was from Robots, but it's from the earlier Iron Giant, the head being worthy of a law-suit over the later film's main characters' I think! Then two PVC Japanese Manga/Anime 'bots, I have little idea over either, but suspect the red one os a Transformer, the white one (a pencil top) possibly from an older franchise like Atomic Boy or Atom man or whatever it was! The final figure is a Kinder astronaut, but he looks robotic with all that silver.

I also received two gnomes needing re-gnhoming! (hey - it's Chris's joke not mine!), a small one which may also be a Kinder, and a larger one, which I told Chris I might offer to Mr Evans of Plastic Warrior magazine, before realising he sent me two others (in my Gnome Village 'starter kit'; see Blog passim) from the same set, so may already have it in his community?

I think the larger one is a Hong Kong copy of an old Fontanini sculpt, but I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that one, just musing out loud, on the posing!

Cheers Chris - keeps me going!

No comments: