About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

J is for Jack Sparrow . . . et al!

I managed to add to the Zizzle collection again this year, but I have to admit I didn't try too hard or do too well, finding only two suitable lots, letting the better one go and buying the other a few weeks later, a couple of three months or so ago! Of the eight figures in the lot, four were duplicates/damaged, but the other four were new for ITLAPD!

Captain Jack Sparrow; Davy Jones; Davy Jones' Locker; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Johnny Depp; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Pirates of the Caribbean; Plastic Pirates; POTC; PVC Pirate Figures; PVC Vinyl Figures; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates;
I then photographed them when they arrived and a month or so later, having forgotten I'd photographed them, did so again!

Two more from 'last year's' Chinese crew, another of Davy Jones's slimy pals and - at last - captain Jack Sparrow himself. Now, here's the weird thing, I remember seeing all these in the shops at the time and thinking I bet the 54mm guys are loving these, but not buying them as I was still only a small scale collector.

Captain Jack Sparrow; Davy Jones; Davy Jones' Locker; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Johnny Depp; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Pirates of the Caribbean; Plastic Pirates; POTC; PVC Pirate Figures; PVC Vinyl Figures; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates;
Now, of course, I don't know how many there were! But I think it's about two or three sets of three or four figures per movie, for the last two, with an unknown number of the simpler-based ones which kicked-off the sample three or four years ago, from the first movie - and harder to find.

So if I manage to get a few more additions over the next year or two and only show them, we can look at them all together in a future post?

Captain Jack Sparrow; Davy Jones; Davy Jones' Locker; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Johnny Depp; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Pirates of the Caribbean; Plastic Pirates; POTC; PVC Pirate Figures; PVC Vinyl Figures; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates;
The whole purchase lot before the rejects were hived-off, Cap'n J is definitely between a rock and a hard place, running from the frying-pan and heading for the fire or . . . between the devil-fish and a deep blue grave!

Captain Jack Sparrow; Davy Jones; Davy Jones' Locker; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Johnny Depp; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Pirates of the Caribbean; Plastic Pirates; POTC; PVC Pirate Figures; PVC Vinyl Figures; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates;
Close ups of Mr Depp and the four rejects having a scrap, just because they were there, and won't be! And because this might have been a funnier post if things had been different, but it's just a case of finding my feet again and getting it posted without my little editor on the end of the bed.

No comments: