About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, September 4, 2020

News, Views Etc . . . More Stuff and Two Show Dates

Show News

Saturday 5th September 2020

Brecon, Wales - Chris Dyer Fairs
Market hall, Town Centre, Brecon, Powys, Wales, LD3 7LG
Tel. - 01643 702 757
Mob. - 07966 694 579
10:30 - 15:00hrs
Admission £2

Check the website for Covid-19 details


●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Sunday 5th September 2020

Midwest Toy Soldier Show (USA)
All details here;
Tippecanoe & Toy Soldiers 2 (Lafayette)

Take care, wear a mask and if either even were next door I'd give 'em a miss until we have a proven vaccine!


●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Toys in the Media

Organizational Structures And Resourcing Best Practice Guide (It's a laugh a minute!)


●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Links

I though we'd seen this one before, but I may have pulled it for lack of imagery, there's more pic's this time

Lots of pop-ups to deal with, but an interesting overview of Indian terracotta dolls and those animals we've seen here at Small Scale World in the past.


●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

More My Modern Met

I'm losing track of these, but this one is lush, 'cos it's all puddings! More Preiser!

Part One
Part Two

I think we've had this one before, but they are among the more imaginative

While this is various artists

No comments: