About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, September 26, 2020

T is for Two - Follow-ups

A couple of things which pertain to recent posts, or maybe not so recent in the case of the second item, but which can go together for an eclectic post!

Academy; Charles W. Morgan; Circa 1835; FFL; Foreign Legion; Foreign Legionaries; French Foreign Legion; Hobby Kits; Injecta Plastic; Injectaplastic; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Jouets Super Plastic; Jouets Super Plastics; JSP; Life Like; Life-Like; Lifelike; Minicraft; New Bedford Whaler; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Pyro; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates; Whaling Ship;
I was very impressed by Brian's pictures of the Charles W. Morgan (I nearly wrote Henry!) the other day and he sent a couple of uncropped/cheat shots to show how they are done. This one shows how he got the horizon shots, and it was simpler than I'd imagined, he just held them up to the sky!

Academy; Charles W. Morgan; Circa 1835; FFL; Foreign Legion; Foreign Legionaries; French Foreign Legion; Hobby Kits; Injecta Plastic; Injectaplastic; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Jouets Super Plastic; Jouets Super Plastics; JSP; Life Like; Life-Like; Lifelike; Minicraft; New Bedford Whaler; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Pyro; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates; Whaling Ship;
While here Brian's using natural light to get those atmospheric shadows. I can't get these results outside with my little Nikon's, I have to find shade, use a tripod and then employ flash, yet still get quite smoky or flat shots (as the recent and forthcoming board-game pictures attest), if I tried this kind of shot (without flash) they'd be blurry.

I used to get better outdoor results with the old Fuji Finepix's, but they were also the least robust and shortest-lived of the five cameras I've had now, and six I've used since 2007, so it's a 'swings and roundabouts' thing with these digital cameras and you just have to try and see!

Academy; Charles W. Morgan; Circa 1835; FFL; Foreign Legion; Foreign Legionaries; French Foreign Legion; Hobby Kits; Injecta Plastic; Injectaplastic; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Jouets Super Plastic; Jouets Super Plastics; JSP; Life Like; Life-Like; Lifelike; Minicraft; New Bedford Whaler; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Pyro; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates; Whaling Ship;
Meanwhile I managed to score these from Mike Harding, who always seems to find interesting things. Three FFL from somewhere, when I got the other one (below) a while back (Plastic Warrior Show 2019) someone suggested Argentina I think, but I'm now wondering if they might not be JSP or their Portuguese suppliers (Injectaplatic) as they are that same stiff 'Macau' PVC?

Academy; Charles W. Morgan; Circa 1835; FFL; Foreign Legion; Foreign Legionaries; French Foreign Legion; Hobby Kits; Injecta Plastic; Injectaplastic; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Jouets Super Plastic; Jouets Super Plastics; JSP; Life Like; Life-Like; Lifelike; Minicraft; New Bedford Whaler; Pirate Day; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Pyro; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates; Whaling Ship;
And there's clearly at least two colourways, I wonder if there mightn't be blue ones turn-up at some point, If they are Injecta'/JSP the three poses would make sense, as that is how they sold the slightly smaller Romans, one mounted and two foot per card?

I have no evidence either way, but will put both names in the tags for now. Taken from Timpo, obviously, but probably from hollow-casts, the binocular guy wasn't produced in plastic by Toy Importers?

No comments: